guesting in fancy dress

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by daveredhead, Dec 13, 2007.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

I have been asked to help out a band on sat night(15th) for christmas concert, which i willingly accepted, so far so good!!! then was told first half normal band uniform, second half .Fancy Dress, so i agreed (will tell on my next post what i dressed as, after Sat) Has anybody else been asked to dep and and then do something strange on stage???:p

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sat
    fancy dress
    half normal band uniform
    stage
    sat night
  3. TUBBYTHEBASS

TUBBYTHEBASS Member

WOULD BE QUITE FUNNY IF ITS A MICKEY TAKE AND ONLY THE SOP PLAYER
    TURNS OUT FOR THE SECOND HALF DRESS AS SANTAS LITTLE HELPEP,THATS A GOOD IDEA MIGHT SURGEST IT TO OUR BAND ?

4. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I attended an orchestra rehearsal recently and for the up coming concert (family, Christmas concert) the group were told that they could wear anything in black, red or white. So I was think DJ as usually plus maybe a red bowtie (pushing the boundaries a little) but the trombone section decide that we should all dress as Santa (Red, white and black). I now have my suit but I think the others have chickened out and I'm going to be the only one looking like a complete @@@@.

5. hellyfrost

hellyfrost Member

We're doing the same for our Christmas Concert on the 23rd! The horn section are Vicars and Tarts! The deps have been warned and they all seem OK with it. It'll be a good night!:icon_cheesygrin:

6. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Actually I did the very same last week for VBS Poynton. They asked me to play - got my agreement, then text me to see if I could get some white tights and a wig!!! It had been decided that the front row were to dress as fairies - I was going to ask Mike Eccles if I could borrow his band jacket till I realised they actually meant the ones with wings!!

It was a good gig in the end though and even Alan Lawton dressed up as santa! :clap:

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

So no change there then...
    BMB
    xx

8. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

I thought you were a horn player.

Traitor!!!!:ranting2: :hammer

9. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Indeed. I speak with the esoteric knowledge of an initiated horn player. ;)
    BMB
    xx

10. Daisy Duck

Daisy Duck Member

I think it's a great idea to dress up in fancy dress for the second half of the Christmas concert and I'm glad other bands do it.

Since joining Battle in July, I've been looking forward to the Christmas concert - was planning on going as Sexy Mrs Santa and distracting the audience from my dodgy solos by showing a bit of leg. However, I've got a big band gig on the same night so I am bitterly disappointed at having to miss the Battle Christmas concert.

It's great when a band doesn't take itself too seriously!
    If I was depping for a band and they said fancy dress, I'd probably go for something less risque. Maybe a reindeer outfit.

11. Veri

Veri Member

You were great Dave!! I think all the deps made more effort than some of the band.
    The theme was Superheroes or characters from Disney; we had a Woody, a dwarf (Dopey or Grumpy I think) on the drums, Alice in Wonderland/Tinkerbell/Batman across the trombones (Batman couldn't really see his music or the MD or his mutes due to the lack of peripheral vision), Snow White, the White Rabbit, two nuns (not sure quite how they fitted into the theme!), Minnie Mouse, and the bass section all turned up as The Incredible Hulk - I'm not sure how happy one of the Eb's was about being painted green...
    I'll leave Dave to reveal what he went as, but it was a fabulous costume, and perhaps he'll even post a pic?!
    A great night all round.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Sat
    fancy dress
    half normal band uniform
    stage
    sat night
  13. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

HA ha!! just seen a pic of Dave in his outfit!!!

mutant ninja sop!!!!

14. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

No wonder Pete Roberts retiring, bet he never got to wear a mutant ninja turtle outfit( no offense Peter, much respect)
    hello craig!! you try playing, wearing a red bandanna, sword hanging down and a turtle shell on your back:clap: Will name the band Chalgrove,Oxford!! all the bass sec were Incredible hulk!! painted green, red eyes torn clothes the lot, every body took part, even bandmaster was Admiral nelson, but was great evening, reading replies on thread, it seems it popular, i agree thought was going to be a send up

15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I hope he wasn't a right-handed conductor!! ;)

Sounds like a laugh Dave - you have to post a pic for us all to see.