Grumpy women of any age...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by bigmamabadger, May 24, 2005.

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Rules: c/f FlugelD

You don't have to be particularly grumpy, just cheesed off....

'Old' is relative - please include your year/decade of birth...

Ladies only

Your starter(s): A child of the 60's by 3 months.
    I hate/deplore

Having to wear men's ties. They don't fit on ladies shirts, and I can't get men's shirts to fit. If they fit round the bust the collar is enormous, if they fit round the collar, every time I go for a top A the buttons pop off, seriously incapacitating the conductor.

Band jackets are also design for men. Women have these things called waists, they go in round the middle. We also go out at the top and bottom. Jackets don't.

The old skirt v. trousers debate. I like trousers, they look smart and I wear them most of the time anyway. Like to see some blokes march in a skirt and high heels

Daft old codgers who used to play in dance halls inthe 40's and think women shouldn't be allowed to play in case they damage themselves.

Too much drinking on the way to contests.

Not enough drinking on the way back from contesting

Marching/playing in the rain. No-one's listening, even the ducks have gone home. Why are we still here?

People who say, "oh I used to play the trumpet/trombone/saxophone but my accounting career got in the way." Why do you think I'm interested? I play the tenor horn and I'm not, nor have I ever been, an accountant. Can't add up without taking my socks off.

2. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

whats that supposed to mean, i wasnt even ment to be coming.
  3. sterlingsop

sterlingsop Member

Don't you just hate the way some drivers slam on their brakes on the approach to a speed camera and CRAWL past at 25mph?? I drives me to distraction.....literally!
  4. bigmamabadger

"oh no! Speed camera! What speed was I doing? What speed should I be doing? Where am I? What's this round thing in my hands?"

Got to admit it's mostly women. Get them off the roads, they're giving the rest of us a bad name!

5. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

people who go above the speed limit. full stop.
  6. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Blokes who park their big expensive company owned cars across 2 car park spaces & sit in the outside lane of the motorway when they're not overtaking anyone!!

Fellas who think there is no place for women in brass banding - if it wasn't for us girlies, half the bands wouldn't exist!!

Men!! In general!! :mad:
  7. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

1) People who bear grudges. Life is too short and cutting off your nose to spite your face doesn't generate success for everyone in the long run.

2) Band politics. They spoil enjoyment and at the end of the day, they're run like the politics of the country in so much as there are key individuals who whatever they say will go - sod the democracy!
  8. bigmamabadger

As a corollary to that, blokes who behave in this way, then complain about how bad women are at driving. Just because we don't go everywhere at 90mph. OK some of us do. Sometimes. But I was in a hurry.

Can't live with 'em, can't shoot 'em.

People who amble about in supermarkets, dizzily swinging their trollies across the aisle. Some of us have toddlers to get in and out of the shop in a hurry!

Packaging in general

9. Band politics definately! And band cliques, generally the people who have been in the band the longest who think they have the right to talk to everyone else like muck, just because!
  10. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

teen - born 1987 :)

band cliques. i hate the way half of them aren't even interested in the social sie of banding, but turn up, sigh coz they feel they have to be there. and then complain about everything, but not in front of the person they're complaining about. grrr

*being a teenager here, i feel i have to say this* older shop assistants who feel they have to follow you around the shop incase you steal something... and aren't even discreet about it. bugs me to death that one... not all of us are yobs y'know.
  11. six pints

six pints Active Member

people who complain that i have 4 1/2 month summer hols, when im actually working two full time jobs and work harder then i do during term time!!

and people who can eat and eat and eat and not put on a pound. its soooooo unfair!!!
  12. Dyddgu

Dyddgu Member

And why, why, why, why are there so few ladies' loos? It means I have to drink less at contests and stuff. grr.

(child of the 70s, just)