grumpy confession time

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mesmerist, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Friday. Trying to make up spare beds for family that are coming to stay later. Girls are bouncing up and down on the very bed I am making, "The Black Domino" is still blasting away from Sibelius and has been since 9am and its nearly 3pm. I shout "get out" to the girls so they trot off huffily saying they are going to live somewhere else and the cat miaows at me for yet more food so I yell "and you can p**s off too". Himself still sits smirking at computer and we are due to go to friends house in 5 minutes. Not my finest hour and I`m sorry. :oops: So what have you said in the heat of the moment that you later regret?

2. MrsDoyle

MrsDoyle Supporting Member

"You cheeky *******, you get off my doorstep NOW!!" :oops:

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

This couldn't have come at a "better" time!

On thursday i pleaded with all the kids to go and play outside (it was a nice day and they were making a hell of a racket in the house), so off they went.

Not long after they re-appeared with a friend of theirs who had come off her bike and had a few cuts and grazes so I cleaned her up and implored them all to be careful.

Some time later two of them came crashing in to the house saying the eldest lad (he's 12) had come off his bike and thought he'd broken his arm. Just believing them to be over exaggerating (as usual) I asked them where he was and asked (stupidly now I realise) whether his legs were ok and could he walk!!
    They said he was a short walk away, but having our youngest with me (and she was asleep at the time) I couldn't leave the house so I told them to go back to him and get him to walk home. Off they went. Not long after, the girl that I'd cleaned up earlier came rushing in saying he'd walked a bit bit couldn't go any further, so getting more and more frustrated at his apparent severe play acting I asked her to just stay in the house while I went to him (I could see them from the house by now) and set off towards him. I hadn't got far but was still a way from him when I could see there was no play acting going on. He had a complete break of his fore arm which was bent like a banana and the fracture had exposed through the skin on the back of his fore arm.
    I've never felt so rotten or so guilty in my life. The number of times I've reacted to things they've said in the past and it's turned out to be nothing, and then the one time I don't believe them they happen to be spot on. I could have cried. Poor little bloke had walked a good 300yds before he gave in.
    I'm sure they do it on purpose just to make you feel guilty for getting them to go out of the house!! :oops: