Groovin' for Brass Band Aid

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by brass journo, Oct 4, 2005.

1. brass journo

brass journo Member

Groovin’ for Brass Band Aid!

LAST Saturday (1st October) heard the United Co-op Yorkshire Brass Band give what is believed to have been the premiere performance of African Funk, composed by Alan Fernie.

The piece, which went down a storm with audience, combines groovy and funky rhythms with tunes such as The Lion Sleeps Tonight and has been composed to help support Brass Band Aid, with all profits from sales going towards the worthwhile fund.

Said the Band’s Manager, Tabby Clegg: “We programmed the piece in at the last minute having obtained the music last week and it went down particularly well with audience. It’s great to be supporting Briony and Bob Thompson with such a tremendous project as Brass Band Aid and we plan to play the music at our next few concerts with collections for Brass Band Aid also being organised. I just hope bands across the country will get hold of the music by purchasing it from any good retailer and performing it as much as possible.”

The band’s next performance of African Funk will be at Formby Hall, Atherton on 23rd October, under the direction of it’s new Musical Director, Kevin Wadsworth.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    United Co-op Yorkshire Brass Band
    African Funk
    premiere performance
    band
    fund
  3. Bob Thompson

Bob Thompson Member

Bba

Nice one Tabby
    and dont forget Steve Robson and his daughter Sophie!

As far as I am aware it was the premier, I know it had a run out in terms of a sound check as it were via the college Band but not a public performance.

I'm so pleased it was well recieved.
    Only £12 and it can be ordered direct from Claire, (+44 (0)8700 111 556).
    All proceeds direct to Brass Band Aid.

You know it makes sense!

4. brass journo

brass journo Member

well said Bob - go on people - get buying!