Grimethorpe Sop

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Jack Stout, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Jack Stout

Jack Stout Member

Any news on who'll be on Sop for Grimey at the Area?

2. Blades4Ever

Blades4Ever Member

Why? What has happened to Kevin?

3. ibrox

ibrox Member

4. Blossom

Blossom Member

Grimethorpe must have lost the plot. Can they really afford to let such a magnificent talent go - I think not.

Good Luck Kevin - I look forward to listening to you for many years to come.

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Does seem a strange move when the rhetoric upon Roger rejoining was to drive the band back to contesting success. . . .

I hope both the band and Kevin find things work out in their favour.

After Sunday night's performance, Peter Roberts back at Grimethorpe?

6. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Perhaps this may have been the reason?

7. Now that would be nice to see... but Kevin will be sorely missed though but I have a feeling it won't be long before he gets snapped up by a rival, hmm. The new year always brings changes doesn't it.... usually coinciding with 2012 band AGM's...

8. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

Paddy can I have a virtual £20 on Peter Roberts taking over!

9. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Well that would really drop Kippax in smelly stuff for the Area, but I reckon he's too much of a gent to do that at such short notice.

- Mr Wilx (Retired and no active connection with Kippax)

10. Dr Bob

Dr Bob Member

What goes around comes around....

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Grimethorpe Sop
    brassneck
    status

Blossom Member

Seems to be a quote you like to use - What are you implying ?

13. Alyn James

Alyn James Member

I went to see Grimethorpe in Aberdare 3/4 years back. KC's entry at the start of a cornet solo was on a high B natural. I don't remember the solo but I'll never forget the sweet control of that entry. Just superb. The man's a legend.

14. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

The long and the short of it is that, Grimey will remain a truly exceptional band even without Kevin, and Kevin will remain a player and soloist of the very highest quality, whichever bandroom he takes up a position in next.

Whatever's happened to bring about these circumstances is really a matter between band and player.

15. tkhbss

tkhbss Member

And I'll have a virtual (or real if you like) £50 on Kevin going to Briggus

16. Dr Bob

Dr Bob Member

I'm sure you understand what the quote means.......and can put 2+2 together.

17. waynefiler

waynefiler Member

Nope sorry, your comment is lost on me, can you elaborate?

18. Dr Bob

Dr Bob Member

I don't think it would be appropriate, suffice to say Mr KC supported the initial removal of Mr RW.

19. Blossom

Blossom Member

didn't take long for RW to wreak revenge then !

20. bannisa

bannisa Member

I would like to request that this thread is removed please? Insults towards my band by "Blossom" are unacceptable. He or she seems to pop up every time we have a player change to have a dig. Yet again the mouthpiece is allowing a thread to degenerate into a forum of derogatory speculation.

Thanks moderators

Andrew Bannister
    Grimethorpe Colliery Band

21. agentorange

agentorange Member

I haven't noticed any insults by Blossom or anyone else! Let the thread live.

Andrew, when you play for one of the best and highest profile bands in the world then it's obvious that people will take an interest in any comings and goings. And, as this is a forum, then people have the right to express an opinion and offer discussion. If anyone starts trading insults then i'm sure that the Mods will deal with them appropriately.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Grimethorpe Sop
    brassneck
    status