Grimethorpe on the Chris Evans Show on BBC Radio 2

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by GingerMaestro, Sep 8, 2006.

1. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Did anyone hear the Chris Evans show last night at 6.30 with Terry Webster and 14 members of Grimey appealling for new sponsorship. Thae played a bit of Death or Glory and Terry gave an interview with the reporter.

More good publicity for them and the brass band world as because of this Chris Evans will be playing a different brass band each week on a Thursday.

Good On Yer Grimey:clap:
  2. Bungle

Bungle Member

You can listen to it again on BBC player do you know how far in it was?
  3. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

It was intresting to hear Terry say that they need £50000 - £60000 per year to run the band! It's a different world to most of us - we get a gift of £1000 and have to raise all other funds through paying subs and concerts.

One thing that Chris Evans did say is that he would like to feature a brass band every Thusday - so lets get sending our CD's. This could be brilliant for the image of brass bands.
  4. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

In what context though? Is that amount on top of what is already coming in, or is that the total cost of running the band?
  5. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- pity they didn't play a bit of their performance from 'A Night To Sing' ... we can all but dream! ;)
  6. GingerMaestro

It was at 6.30 ish not sure how far into the show that is
  7. postie

postie Member

Well being on the Chris Evans show can only be good news for the image of banding. The £50,000-£60,000 sponsorship wanted it's a different world isn't it.
  8. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

Not sure!
    That was the sum quoted for the sponsorship that was followed by the what would you get for the money question. So I think it is on top of other income.
  9. persins

persins Member

It's fantastic to hear that Chris Evans is prepared to feature Brass bands more heavily. It could be a great outlet for the movement in general!
  10. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'd heard him say that later on he'd be speaking to a Brass band with no brass but I didn't actually hear the item cos I'd got home by then.

Good on Grimey for keeping raising the profile of bands.
    Will we eventually hear The Emley on Radio 2??? *dreaming* :rolleyes:
  11. GingerMaestro

Why not if the band have done a recording or could get in touch with the radio station then he has said he will play a band every Thursday Go For It:tup
  12. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I missed this - I'll have to "listen again". I did hear Chris Evans say that he used to play the cornet though! I wondered why they were talking about that - all now becomes clear!