Grimethorpe needs you ...

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brassneck, Jan 12, 2008.

1. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... to vote and help decide what they are going to play at the 2008 European Championships Gala Concert.

Link is here

Article about the project on 4BR here

What do you think of the choices?
  2. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

Don't tell me Grimey's management need somebody else to make the decision for them? ;)
  3. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I think the choices are those the band can sight read ;)

I hope the rest of the programme is more inspiring.
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

It's like being blasted back in time ... programme material typical of the '70s :-?
  5. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Same Here. I've cast my vote though. It would appear that I have managed to agree with the majority of other voters as my choices have the highest percentage.
  6. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

I haven't voted yet as I wouldn't pay to hear any of the pieces listed. I think I'll wait to hear what the rest of the programme is going to be before even deciding whether to go or not ;)
  7. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

I take it you didn't hear them on the Saturday night at Brass in Concert this year? This stuff is light years ahead of that.

8. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

Given that this programme choice is for the half a concert reviewing older brass band music...surely that's the point?!
  9. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I thought it might have more to do with selling CDs from their recent collection reflecting the History Of Brass Band Music. ;)
  10. Morghoven

Morghoven Member

That may be a part of it. And if it is, then why shouldn't they promote their recent CDs? We're all quick to complain if bands appear to be sitting back relying on their sponsorship money...we can't very well complain if they try and create some of their own income!
  11. zak

zak Member

Well said!!!!! :tup