Grimethorpe Announcement

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Stracathro, Jul 9, 2012.

1. ChrisHatch

ChrisHatch Member

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

So as far as "Joe Bloggs" is concerned, "did'nt that big orchestra spoil the opening ceremony, posh gits spoiling our openning ceremony !!!!, none of us young uns are into it"

yes, Grimey are going to be famous the world over now !!
  3. All4Brass

All4Brass Member

4. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

Oh no, they're going to be in the middle of the bit about the miner's strike aren't they? #stereotyped
  5. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

6. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

7. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Did anyone see it?
  8. GJG

GJG Active Member

not sure it's happened yet ... ?
  9. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

They were on behind a pit banner - in the industrial thing (beebb didn't show it) have seen a photo taken at stadium _ though they are on again when flame is lit (apparantly)
  10. cornet_matt1

cornet_matt1 New Member

11. ChrisWeir

ChrisWeir New Member

At least Grimey were audible while the Olympic flag was being carried up the mound - no acknowledgement though.
  12. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

What an anti climax for the big Grimey build up.
  13. Red Elvis

Red Elvis Active Member

Aye. A shame they weren't seen. Cheers Beeb :( !!!
  14. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

15. Spaniels Ears

Spaniels Ears Member

I didn't see them at all! So much for the big announcement to launch on a global scale!!
  16. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

Personally I think it’s a big shame for bands generally that Grimey didn’t get seen, (well I don’t think they did, I fell asleep for a big chunk of it when that Tory p*@#k Seb Coe made his no doubt thrilling speech) Well, why have quality live music, when you can have some gash performance of Abide With Me by someone irrelevant before exhuming Paul McCartney and injecting him with Performance Enhancing drugs so he could bumble his way through Hey Jude!!! The poor old fella's so knackered; he looked more legless than his ex wife up there!!
  17. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

You lot can stop holding your breath now !Global scale m 4rse !!
  18. stevetrom

stevetrom Active Member

and how many people will hear your next performance?
  19. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

wasnt it in the press release some where that the world will know of Grimethorp ?

as for my next performance mate, if you want to come you can pay like every one else !!
  20. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Dear Brass Band fans

On a brighter note, I hope you did see the Pearly B Band on the march in the stadium, resplendent in our pearly threads.

Unfortunately we did not have our instruments which "mysteriously" went missing between us warming up and the show starting. We were told by the organisers that complaints had been received from the RSPCA because we were frightening the sheep but we strongly suspect that the grimey lads hid them as there was coal dust in our dressing room.

I saw that Andrew Bannister on his phone and then sniggering to himself so you can draw your own conclusions about the origin of any complaints. They weren't even real sheep, they were East End orphans wrapped in rugs.

As luck would have it, the cameraman responsible for filming Grimethorpe owed a favour to our trombonist, Arthur "Violent" Scrote, and so after a word in his one remaining ear, he "accidently" forgot to press the record button.

All in all a good night out altho the bit with all those people walking round with flags went on a bit. I dozed off between Bhutan and Uzbekistan to be honest.

Olympic Bob