Grimethorpe Announcement

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Stracathro, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

2. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

Saturday tea time telly, search for a sop maybe ?

3. simonium

simonium Member

A programme not based around the music of Brassed Off? ;)

4. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

I notice that Stan Priestley died recently, but I don't think it can be that - he popped off three or four weeks ago.

5. Cornet Luke

Cornet Luke Member

A remake of Brassed Off is what first sprung to mind for me.

6. ophicliede

ophicliede Member

They are going to start a youth initiative???

7. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

Are they playing at the Olympics Opening Ceremony?

8. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

They're going to change their programme so it's not the same music as it has been for years?

9. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

The band has recorded all the possible National Anthems needed for the Olympic and Paralympic Games?

10. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

My money is on "1st bandsman in space"

11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'd heard this . . . i'll put my money here too!

12. Ali

Ali Member

I thought It was quite ironic that this thread based on rumors and speculation about Grimey appeared on here, AFTER 4BR put something on their news page!!! No one I know has heard anything at Ll, and unlike lots of people who like the gossip, I could just ask one of the Grimey lads. If they wanted to they would say. However I'm not really that bothered!!! I can wait for this news. I like the idea of them recording the national anthems for the prize giving at the olympics. Much more original than a Brassed off sequel.

13. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

The London Philharmonic Orchestra has already completed this task.

14. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

Oh well.
    How about British Airways naming one of its new long-haul planes "Grimethorpe Colliery Band"?

15. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

This could be a good shout. They recorded the anthems for something recently (Commonwealth Games?) so those up high will be aware of them.

16. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

17. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

18. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Member

19. Ali

Ali Member

Actually I don't believe it is a red herring. Why use Grimeys name in the article at all if they aren't going to be involved? And you only have to look at their facebook page to see that half the lads tagged themselves in the Olympic stadium last weekend
    I believe this to be true. Of course they may only gain the world wide recognition they seek if they are named a million times to remind the watching world of who they are!

20. Stracathro

Stracathro Member

Yes a huge deception orchestrated by the Daily Telegraph designed to deceive brass banders everywhere!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012