Gretton silver seeks new musical director md

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by lloyd Preston, Aug 5, 2011.

1. lloyd Preston

lloyd Preston New Member

[FONT=&quot]The popular Gretton Silver Band are looking for a new Musical Director. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The band is now looking for a volunteer musical director and are inviting applicants to contact the Band Secretary, Mr. Lloyd Preston on e-mail L_I_Preston@hotmail.co.uk or by phone 01536 402599 or 07890262902.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    We will be looking to close the applications on or around 1st September. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    More details about the band can be found on the bands website
    www.grettonsilverband.co.uk[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The Gretton Silver Band (Northamptonshire North, Peterborough/Leicestershire border) was established in 1877 and we believe we are the oldest continually operating village band in the country. We have a fantastic group of player of varying abilities and although not registered, we are of a 4th section standard. The band are non-contesting and would not be looking to change this. We perform in public around 20-25 times per year at indoor concerts, outdoors at fetes and garden parties etc. The practice times are 7:45 – 9:15 on Thursday nights at our practice room on the recreation field in Gretton. We are looking for a musical director able to teach the players and drive the band forward, also to select suitable practice music and job programs. The suitable applicant will need to be available for both the Thursday night practice and able to give up some weekend days as well. Experience would be appreciated but not essential and applicants will need to be available for trials mid to late September. We look forward to hearing from you and would welcome applicants musical CV's or just give us a bell - details above [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]We would like to take the opportunity to thank our previous MD Mr David Mann and his wife Pauline for their time with the band and wish them all the very best for the future.[/FONT]

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Musical Director.
    Gretton Silver Band
    Gretton
    Lloyd Preston
    FONT
  3. David Mann

David Mann Member

Recommend the band!

As outgoing MD I thought it would be worth adding to Lloyd's post. I took the band on in 2007 and we've had some good times along the way. They were willing to give me the chance to learn conducting and I'm really grateful for that. We've learnt new music together, done some good concerts, been to France and generally kept up the tradition of music making in Gretton. Unfortunately, as I live the best part of an hour away from the bandroom and frequently have to be away with my job, I'm unable any more to give the band the time and commitment they deserve. I'd recommend any budding MDs to get in touch and see for themselves what the band are like.

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

Bounce Bounce!

Not too late to apply, why not get in touch with Lloyd if interested?

5. lloyd Preston

lloyd Preston New Member

Many thanks to all the applicants who expressed an interest in this post. We had several interested parties, all more than qualified. We have now apointed Mr Ian Halcrow as the new MD.
    "Our Conductor, Ian Halcrow, is an experienced musician who served as principal clarinet with the Cambrai Staff Band, Royal Tank Regiment for 12 years. He was a Cousin’s Memorial Competition winner whilst studying at the Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall, has a Diploma in Music, and was bandmaster of the Ipswich Hospital Band in Suffolk. Ian believes that making music should be about enjoyment first and sharing that experience with other like-minded people."
    Ian is also the MD of the Rutland concert band http://rutlandconcertband.org. We have been very fortunate in finding Ian, he is extremely well qualified and has a lot to offer and has recently moved to the Village as well - ideall. We are absolutely delighted to welcome him to the band and of course to the comunity. Hope we are able help him to help us to progress the band. It will be a busy Christmas for him and the band and interesting year ahead.

Thank you again to David for the time an effort he put into the band, it was greatly apreciated by one and all.