Gretton Silver Band Seek Musical Director

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by lloyd Preston, Jun 22, 2007.

1. lloyd Preston

lloyd Preston New Member

The Gretton Silver Band (North Northamptonshire/Leicestershire/Rutland border) are currently seeking a Musical Director.
    The position will become vacant at the end of the summer Season. The Band are a non contesting band of 4th section standard who perform local charity events and park jobs in and around the area. We are a small group of 20-25 players and have players of all standards and ages and all give our time freely. Practices are Thursdays 7:45 – 9:15 apx and the band are engaged around 20 times a year at weekends mainly. The band cannot offer any expenses but would be able to continue with the current practice of paying for road tax for the MD. Interested parties please e-mail Secretary Lloyd Preston: L_I_Preston@hotmail.com or reply to this thread

We also encourage any new players of any age or ability and have a training group for new players. We have vacancies throughout the band and are particularly short of cornet players. We have many reasonable instruments which can be borrowed free of charge.

Many thanks.
    L Preston
    Secretary GSB
    :hi

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    FONT=Tahoma
    FONT=Times New Roman
    Musical Director.
    Lloyd Preston
    Rutland
  3. lloyd Preston

lloyd Preston New Member

Thank you to TMP this post is now filled. Congrats to David the Music Man Mann who has been apointed the new MD of the Gretton silver Band

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

...and what a privilege and responsibility it will be! I'm looking forward to continuing the musical journey of the band, making great music and having fun. If you'd like to find out more about joining the band, PM either myself or Lloyd.

5. on_castors

on_castors Member

Congratulations Dave!