Greetings from Far Across the Ocean

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by brasscrest, Jul 9, 2005.

1. brasscrest

brasscrest Active Member

One of the few (but hopefully soon to be more!) tMP members from North America, I'm located right in the middle of the US Atlantic coast, near Washington, DC.

There isn't a lot of brass band activity in this area, other than a few Salvation Army bands. I am a fourth-generation Salvationist, and a long-time member of the National Capital Band of the Salvation Army based in Washington. I also play first baritone in my local SA band, the Arlington Citadel Band in Arlington, Virginia.

I'm a passionate addict of all things related to brass bands, and have a web site focusing on SA bands - The Brass Crest (this may give a clue as to how I came up with my tMP user name). I'm also the webmaster for the National Capital Band.

Here on tMP, I'm proud to be carrying on one of the traditions of the forum - the Happy tMP Day thread, which celebrates those having a "tMP Day" (anniversary of joining the forum). This thread was started by member WhatSharp? and passed on to me in the spring of 2005.

Personally, I am married and have two daughters, Elizabeth (17) and Rebekah (13). Both are carrying on the family brass tradition - Elizabeth joined the National Capital Band last fall on horn and Rebekah is playing cornet.

Professionally, I'm a senior software developer for a large health care company based in Baltimore, Maryland, doing work supporting the human resources and financial departments.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    tMP
    Washington, DC
    Ocean One
    Atlantic
    US
  3. Di

Di Active Member

:hi Glad you could drop in all the way for the US of A. :biggrin: