Greetings: Euphonium performer here!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JeremyB, Feb 11, 2008.

1. JeremyB

JeremyB New Member

Hello all! I joined this site after reading some of the threads about euphonium pieces, in particular some discussion on Pantomime and other Sparke peices. So I have never joined a musical forum before, so I figured why not. Maybe I can meet fellow euphonium players from around the world.
    I am a virtual "student" of David Childs, Dr. Brian Bowman and Steven Meade and many other great performers. I mean this as in: I love to listen to their recordings-and try and learn from their interpretations and styles.
    I have been in 5 US Army Bands and have been playing professionally in the Army Bands for over 11 yrs. I LOVE MY JOB.

My current instrument is the large bore Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium from Great Britain. My mouthpeice is the BB1 (Brian Bowman). It is a very fine instrument with a wonderful sound. I Have been very happy with it.

Well thats about all for now. I look forward to reading through this site and learning from others. Take care
    JB

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brian Bowman
    euphonium pieces
    Euphonium performer
    large bore Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium
    fellow euphonium players
  3. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Hi Jeremy, welcome to tmp, I'm sure some of our mini tuba'd friends will be soon sharing their views with you, they are all probably out with their bands at the moment preparing for our regional contests early next month.
    Try and get a posting over here and then you can experience a good old British Brass Band :wink:

4. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

Hi there Jeremy welcome to tmp and the UK! Hope you enjot the site as much as we do :)

5. CubbRep

CubbRep Member

Hi Jeremy,welcome.I am sure Shaun at Virtuosi would be interested in your comments on the Euphonium you bought.As far as I know he is the sole distributor of Virtuosi instruments in the UK.
    Have fun posting on tmp.And hope you have a good time.

6. RobBari

RobBari Member

Hi Jeremy, as a fellow 'medical' person ( microbiology in National Health service) and a baritone player, welcome. Interested to know how you combine medical duties and band duties?