Green Christmas Praise Books

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by metalminions, Dec 15, 2014.

1. metalminions

metalminions New Member

Does anyone know of anywhere/anyone that may be looking to sell a copy of the sop part for the green Christmas carols books? I know they've been discontinued, but it's very frustrating not having a copy as i'm constantly carrying around two cornets! If anyone could give me a lead I'd be eternally grateful. Thanks in advance. Alicia

2. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

Of course, you could avoid carrying two cornets around by learning to transpose ...:)

3. Mr N N Fixer

Mr N N Fixer Member

Try contacting Pete Price via TMP. He's an SA guy with a lot of knowledge and contacts. If there are still green books out there, he will be able to find one for you.

Rex.

4. metalminions

metalminions New Member

Thank you!! Although I would point out that I do spend some time transposing (ie. if there's just one or two) but when the concert is split half and half sop and Bb, its easier to take two than have my brain explode! I'll try and get hold of him. Thank you so much!

5. metalminions

metalminions New Member

... I don't suppose you know Pete Price's member name do you? Can't find him on the list!

6. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

7. P_S_Price

P_S_Price Member

We gave our set away sorry.

8. metalminions

metalminions New Member

9. kiwiinoz

kiwiinoz Member

Maybe I am a dinosaur but I really miss the green Carol book. I'm sure that has been a topic of conversation here before. Hard to identify new numbers for old favorites !

10. pbirch

pbirch Member

no you're not a dinosaur, the old green book had the carols in a particular order of importance, in the red book they are in alphabetical order, so anything being with letters after j get played less often, further, as with much of the older SA music, the arrangements were far more satisfying to play and interesting to listen to.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Green Christmas Praise Books
    Christmas
    Green Christmas Praise
    green Christmas carols books
    sop
  12. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

The green books also contained fewer misprints ...

13. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Pleased to report that our band still has in use a set of the green books

14. metalminions

metalminions New Member

As does my band...except the sop part!

15. John_D

John_D Member

I have a small selection of these that are used for small ensembles, sadly I don't have a sop copy.

16. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

I will have a look and see if we have a spare. If we do it will be no good for this year as it would be in Australia and would take 2 weeks in the post. will check and report back.

17. metalminions

metalminions New Member

Thank you. That would be awesome! I'm not particularly worried about this year!