Great sporting rivalries....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by steve butler, Feb 1, 2009.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Just watched the latest epic in the Roger Federer/Raphael Nadal rivalry.
    Nadal seems to have the distinct edge at the moment but I would never rule out Federer working out a way to get back on top again.

Such great sportsmen both.

So who are you favourite "great sporting rivalries"? I suppose mine would have to be Coe/Ovett.

2. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Prost/Senna

the days when drivers for the same team were actually allowed to race one another

3. Aurora771

Aurora771 Member

Bjorn/McEnroe one of the best tennis rivalries. I always tune in when they play re-runs of their matches.

4. bbg

bbg Member

Ali - Frazier.
    Borg - McEnroe.
    England - Aussies at cricket.

Loads of obvious football ones - Barca - Real Madrid, Celtic - Rangers, Man U - Liverpool to name but a few.....and of course Scotland - England before the English FA took cold feet and refused to play us anymore.

5. The greatest sporting rivalry without doubt is Aberavon RFC v Neath RFC.

Boxing day and Easter Saturday every year wouldn't be the same without it!

6. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Nigel Benn - Chris Eubank

7. themusicalrentboy

themusicalrentboy Active Member

don't you mean Chrith Eubank? ;)

8. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

No because that would be offensive to people with lisps, and as a morally aware, politically correct, upstanding pillar of the brass band community, I would not highlight a disability in such an unacceptable way :tongue:

On a serious note, I am glad I didn't say Benn -Michael Watson, because that was another superb rivalry, I hate to think what you might have come out with then :-?