Great Sound What material is it?

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by B(r)assBone, Oct 6, 2012.

1. B(r)assBone

B(r)assBone Member

I am always looking for Brass Band Bass Trombone Sounds that get me impressed. Here is another example and I am interested in your opinion about what setup this player might have choosen to get a sound like that. Do you think you can get this kind of sound with heavier or lighter material? It is very stable, has a good core, big sound but edging out in a way that I really like. Pretty sure he uses a Red Brass Bell, but not sure about whatelse he might have chosen.

Listen to this example and you'll hear that nice sound around minute 01:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnsKnqRxvOY

What is your opinion/experience about that?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Brass Band Bass Trombone Sounds
    Great Sound What
    nice sound
    big sound
    kind of sound
  3. Gtrom

Gtrom Member

Hi.

I had a listen to the youtube clip and although it was ok I have heard much better. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

If you want to hear what I consider to be excellent Bass Trombone playing try to get a listen at any half decent Salvation Army Band eg. ISB, Chalk Farm, Endfield etc.

As for set-up I find that the sound comes from mostly within and provided the instrument is relatively modern and from a reputable make (I'm not going to enter the "Chinese debate" here) then you should be ok.

I currently play a 23 year old Yamaha 613G (twin plug close-wrap with a 9.5 inch gold brass bell) and although I have been itching for a more modern open wrap axial valved model this does me fine.

Hope I've helped and not hindered.