Great Manchester Run - Sunday 20th May

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Mark Bousie, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Mark Bousie

Mark Bousie Member

Hello everyone.

I know there are lots of people asking to be sponsored for one thing or another at the minute but here's a rather unexpected addition!

On Sunday 20th May I will be doing the Manchester Run for Marie Curie Cancer Care, a 10k run around lovely Manchester. It will be a good warm up for the Great North Run which I'm doing later this year for Leukemia Research.

As you might have noticed it is the day after the Grand Shield so I need all the encouragement I can get to even make it to the starting line!

The link to my sponsorship page is

Thanks very much in advance.

2. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Awesome mate! Rather you than me lol, good on you though, I'll put some in =)
  3. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Come on people, don't be shy! It's all for a very good cause.
  4. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

As mentioned today by someone else in another post, Mark is still hoping for more sponsors for the Manchester Run. He's just over his half way point and it'd be great if he could get to his total by the time he does the run.

Thanks everyone.
  5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I'll give you some dosh at Blackpool mate, just make sure you see me before I go to the bar ;-)
  6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Or you can go to his online form and do it all on there, much easier! He's doing really well now, getting close to his target.
  7. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

Thank you to everyone who sponsored Mark for the run. He raised well over £300 for Marie Curie Cancer Care. He ran 10k in 53 minutes 22 seconds and was 5898th out of around 28,000 people! Well done Mark!!