Grd 3/4 ish Pieces..

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Vickitorious, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Vickitorious

Vickitorious Active Member

Helloooo!!

Well, I'm teaching a lil boy the tenorhorn now, and have been doing for about 6 months now. He's 9 and passed his grade 3 just before xmas, and now his other teacher at school is pushing him to do his grade 4.

Thing is he only has the books for his grade 3 pieces really, and 1 book with a few grade 4 pieces. Most of which he can play already. (the little 4 line things) I think he could do with the push of playing some 'proper' music so he can play them in contests and festivals. SO I had a look on the ASBRM website and the syllabusses and was like :eek: when I saw that Apres un Reve and Mountain melody were on the list! (i did them for my grade 5 & 6!!! :confused::confused:) I think they're a bit out of his reach yet.

His range goes from bottom G to top G, so I was just wondering if anyone knew any 'real' pieces, that he could buy that are about grd 3/4 sort of standard, because I'm stuck! My memory doesn't go that far back :rolleyes:

Thankyaaa

(P.s Just looked through the Guildhall sylabuss.. the grd 8 part is messed up seriously! Skelter... compared to masquerade and capriccio Brilliante.. whats going on there!! :eek::eek:)

2. steve_r

steve_r Member

I could ask my daughter to go through all her old music folders if that would help?

Steve

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

Ouch! ;)

4. Di

Di Active Member

I could answer with "I believe she gaves loads of her early music away, some time ago, to a group of learners" but I'll save that for a domestic discussion later and not clog up the boards. ;)

5. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

This thread is a sad indicment of society today that a family now converse via an internet forum!

6. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

If his range is from G to G the if my memory serves me right Apres un Reve only goes upto a top A, the tune isn't that hard and maybe pushing him to extend his range if only by one note wouldn't be a bad thing I would give it a go

My daughter is working on Grade 4 horn and she is playing Send in the Clowns she is 8 nearly 9 and she seems to manage the range of it I think highest note is a top F otherwise what about Suil e Ruin from cry of the celts for contesting and festivals she's playing that at the moment as well that goes upto a top G

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice