Graphic Cards/OpenGL - Help please

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Andy_Euph, Apr 19, 2005.

1. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

I bought Call of Duty the other day for my PC but apparently I don't have OpenGL on my comp, I remember having this when I played Medal of Honor.

Just wondering if anyone knows where I'll be able to download OpenGL?

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

ummm, just get a better graphics card :p

;) :biggrin:

3. rutty

rutty Active Member

If your card supports it, you'll have it already. If not, you don't ;)

What's your graphics card? It might just need a new driver installing or it might not support it at all.

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

5. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

The chipset on your card must be able to interpret OpenGL instructions - there may be a fudge factor, but it's unlikely to perform at it's best ;) .

Virtually all of the modern Nvidia and ATI cards support it - are you by any chance using onboard gfx? Or maybe you've got something like one of the old Voodoo cards which didn't like it very much either....

6. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

7. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Cheers to everyone who replied, in answer to what card I have its an ATI Radeon VE 64Mb...which I think is eactly the same as the Radeon 7000, so I think this should run OpenGL, as the ATI website says it does support OpenGL...will try these sites thought, thanks :D

8. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Are you certain it won't let you play DirectX? call of Duty is a fairly new game and most new games support DirectX.

9. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Virtually all recent games support directX but a lot of them ask for specific hardware support for things like pixel shaders and T&L engines which many older cards do not have. It's possible that the VE is a cut down version of the full Radeon 7000. I have run Call of Duty quite happily on a Radeon 7000 vintage card, not the best of experiences but it worked. I would upgrade your version of DirectX, should be on the game CD or downloadable from Microsoft. If this fails to sort the problem then go with Narucos suggestion of a better graphics card, making sure of course that your AGP slot supports any new card you might buy.

10. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Ive downloaded the update driver for the Radeon 7000 and the game is working perfectly now. Thanks for the input

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    OpenGL
    Call of Duty
    Medal of Honor
    OpenGL - Help
    Duty