Grange Moor Brass Band, West Yorkshire, seek players for 2016 and beyond!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by FATNBALD, Feb 8, 2011.

1. FATNBALD

FATNBALD Member

For current vacancies and contact details, please see most recent posts

We are pleased to announce that we can quash all rumours that GMBB are not going to the Yorkshire Areas this year. As i type this we are just confirming our last two seats for a full line up.:clap:
    I dont know where the rumours started and i don't really care but find it quite annoying that our secretary and some players are constantly being contacted to be poached.

We are going to the areas so see you there!

Nuff Said! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2014
  2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Great news, although I hadn't heard the rumour in the first place so didn't need correcting. Always good to know fellow Yorkshire bands are going to get on the stage at St. Georges.

3. winterman

winterman Member

I hadn't heard that rumour either.. Go get 'em guys! :)

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

Glad to hear you are going! I had heard the rumour but it was your secretary who told me lol! Might see you around if I pop over on the sunday :)

5. SuperCat

SuperCat Member

Yeah I've heard it from two people, although I guess having 4 adverts for players last week on 4br probably fuelled the rumour!

6. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

Grange Moor Band, currently a non-contesting band, are looking for cornet players. If you're interested in playing for a small, friendly band with no pressure to compete, we might be for you. We rehearse every Sunday evening 7-9pm. Please contact Nathan Abbotts on 07736 274 803 for more details.

7. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

Grange Moor Brass Band celebrate 160 years of banding this year, and we need to recruit a Principal Cornet, Cornet players and a 2nd Trombone player to enhance the band! The band boasts some excellent facilities and is well supported by the local area. We are currently a non-contesting band, but are still graded in the 2nd section.
    GMBB Logo - Black background 700x700.jpg

Principal Cornet - we are currently blessed with some talented cornet players who are temporarily filling this position, but we are in need of a dedicated Principal Cornet player. Perhaps the pressure of contesting is no longer for you, but you would like to lead a group, we may be for you.

Cornets - we have a very strong line up across our cornet section but would ideally like a couple more players in addition to the ones we have to create a deeper sound. As with the principal cornet, perhaps the pleasure of playing without contest pressure is something you miss.

2nd Trombone - we currently have a wonderful solo trombone player who works well alongside our bass trombonist. However, the gap between them needs filling!

Get in touch with us via our website (www.grangemoorband.co.uk), our Facebook page (www.facebook.com/GrangeMoorBrassBand) or via Nathan Abbotts, band secretary, on 07736 274 803

8. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

We have had some interest in both the Principal Cornet and 2nd Trombone positions - neither of which are totally confirmed places yet - so these positions remain open for now.

9. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

We would like to welcome John Haston to the band, in our 2nd Trombone position. The other places remain available.

10. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

Grange Moor Brass Band, based in West Yorkshire, are looking for a few players to fill some vacancies that we currently have. The band, founded in 1854, has a proud heritage of both contesting and entertaining. However, we currently do not participate in contests yet still play a varied concert programme throughout the year.
    We are looking to recruit the following players:
    - Front row cornet players (although this is flexible)
    - Repiano cornet player
    - Trombone player

Our cornet section is almost full, but we are looking for players to boost our fantastic team.
    The repiano and trombone posts are not currently vacant, but they will be soon as those players are looking to reduce their current playing commitments.
    The band has a loyal following and can offer their own purpose built bandroom, a regularly updated website as well as a social media presence on both Twitter (@grangemoorband) and Facebook (facebook.com/GrangeMoorBrassBand).
    We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact band secretary Nathan Abbotts in confidence on 07736 274 803 or email webmaster@grangemoorband.co.uk

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    #FF0000
    Grange Moor Brass Band
    West Yorkshire
    FF0000
    GMBB
  12. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

For 2016 and beyond, Grange Moor Brass Band, based in West Yorkshire, are looking for a few players to fill the vacancies that we currently have.

The band, founded in 1854, has a proud heritage of both contesting and entertaining. However, we currently do not participate in contests yet still play a varied concert programme throughout the year.

We are looking to recruit the following players:
    - Front row cornet players (the principle position is available for the right person)
    - Repiano cornet player
    - Second Trombone player
    - Percussionist (tuned or kit)

In more detail:
    Our cornet section is almost full, but we are looking for players to boost our fantastic team. Our line up is fairly flexible, so a player could slot in to our group wherever they are best suited.

We have a strong first and bass trombone pairing currently, but the second position is vacant right now.

The band has a loyal following and can offer their own purpose built bandroom, a regularly updated website as well as a strong social media presence on both Twitter (@grangemoorband) and Facebook (facebook.com/GrangeMoorBrassBand).

We look forward to hearing from you. Please contact band secretary Nathan Abbotts in confidence on 07736 274 803 or email webmaster@grangemoorband.co.uk

13. ThomasJPitts

ThomasJPitts New Member

Grange Moor Brass Band (WF4 4DU) require a Principal cornet and front row cornet players to boost our team. We are non-contesting, but play a wide variety of concerts throughout the year.

Please contact:
    Nathan Abbotts, band secretary, on 07736 274 803
    E-mail: webmaster@grangemoorband.co.uk
    You can also send us a message via our Facebook page: facebook.com/GrangeMoorBrassBand