Grange Moor Band, Yorkshire, Player Requirements

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by 2nd man down, Oct 16, 2005.

1. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

*Mod Edit*
    These threads have been merged in line with the Recruitment Corner guidlines following a request from the band, please refer to the last post in the thread to view the latest player requirements

This may be a little unorthodox but I'm putting an ad on here for someone else's band.

Grange Moor Band, current Yorkshire 3rd Section Champions and 2nd Section next year have vaccancies for cornets (front row mainly) and trombones.

If you're interested and would like more detail, please contact their press officer and 1st Horn Andy Carr by following this email address link.

Thank you.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. dyl

dyl Active Member

Crawford - if he has email - then he has a 'net connection! SEND HIM OVER HERE!
  3. 2nd man down

I've tried...unfortunately email seems to be about his limit as far as internet usage goes.
  4. 2nd man down

Principal Cornet required at Grange Moor Band.

Unorthadox I know but I'm doing this for our good friends down the road.

Grange Moor Band, Yorkshire 1st Section from January 07, would welcome applicants for the position of Principal Cornet.

Following back to back wins in the Yorkshire area 4th, 3rd and then 2nd section area contests, this rapidly upwardly mobile and friendly band are looking to strengthen their squad for the coming contest season.

They are National finalists again this year, representing Yorkshire in the 2nd section at Harrogate, and also enjoy a busy contest and concert schedule.

Situated near Huddersfield and Wakefield, Grange Moor Band rehearse in their own band room less than 20 minutes drive from either junctions 24 or 25 of the M62, and also junctions 38-40 of the M1.

Anyone interested should either contact me by pm so that I can pass on a contact phone number, or email Andrew Carr (Press Secretary) at

Thank you.
  5. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

Grange Moor Band, Yorkshire, 1st Section '07, Euphonium, Percussion, Principal Cornet

The Grange Moor band, Yorkshire area winners 2006 2nd section, (1st section 2007), due to relocation within the band,
    Requires: Euphonium, Percussion, Principal cornet player
    for the 2006 season, including the National Championships in Harrogate.

We are delighted to announce that Stan Lippeatt has been appointed as the bands resident musical director. This we feel is a real measure of how far the band has come in such a short space of time. :clap:

To have such a well known and respected figure from the banding world at the helm week in week out giving the band the benefit of his massive amount of experience as a player, conductor and adjudicator is really fantastic.

:D The band went into the history books as we won the 2nd section Yorkshire area contest, the 3rd year in a row the band have been crowned Yorkshire Champions for their section - winning the 3rd section last year and the 4th section the year before.

This friendly band has a busy concert schedule, and the social life is excellent.

Please contact Paul, our band co-ordinator, if you are interested in one of the above posts - Email: or
    Rehearse sun 7/9pm wed 8/10
    Last edited: May 12, 2006
  6. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

Grange Moor Band, WYorkshire, 1st Section '07 Require Players

The Grange Moor band, West Yorkshire (1st section 2007),
    Requires: Soprano, Euph, Percussion, Solo Baritone, Bbb Bass

Check out the website for further details about the band!
  7. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

Grange Moor band 1st Section 07 - Opportunities

The Grange Moor band, West Yorkshire (1st section 2007),
    Requires: Soprano, Solo Cornet, 2nd Euph, Percussion, Solo Baritone, Bbb Bass

A very friendly band, with much success. Any applicants would be treated in confidence.:D

Check out the website for further details about the band or PM me.

Rehearsals: Sunday (7-9pm) & Wednesday (8-10).
  8. P m Gray

P m Gray New Member

Hi there am very interested in your band. I am a soprano cornet player and have had contesting experiance from the fourth section to championship level. I also work with a euphonium player (also championship section). We are working in Cumbria and are looking for a local band. Could you please send me details of where you are based.
  9. 2nd man down

Hi! I'm sure 2ndslidedown won't mind me giving you directions seeing as I live in Grange Moor, the village itself is just off the A642 Wakefield Road heading out of Huddersfield towards Wakefield (roughy 5-6 miles out of Huddersfield town centre.) If you head up the A642 and take the Grange Moor turn of (left) you can't miss the band room, it's the first building you come to on your left.

Just one comment tho...Cumbria's not that local really.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  10. flower girl

flower girl Member

Any one who's considering this should really go along for a blow, they're a great band and really know how to make every one feel welcome, i went along to help a few times last year and throughly enjoyed it. And if you dont believe me go along and find out for your self :biggrin:
  11. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Couldn't agree more!

If You need any help till you find someone. I'm always happy to sit in.
  12. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

:biggrin: Thanks for the really nice threads! We really are a friendly band and Id just like to reiterate that anyone that is interested in coming to a rehearsal are very welcome to do so!
  13. thetruth

thetruth New Member

Who is taking Grange Moor at the moment??
  14. baritune

baritune New Member

we haven't got a resident conductor at the moment, but have got some very good contacts who are helping out until we appoint a conductor!
  15. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

Soprano - 1st Section

Grange Moor Band, (1st Section), urgently require a Soprano Cornet Player to join the team for the fast approaching Yorkshire Area Championships in Bradford. We are a very hardworking but friendly band. The test piece is the Wayfarer - "Sinfonietta".:tup
    If you are interested please PM me or phone Paul[SIZE=+1]- 07719843861[/SIZE].:biggrin:
  16. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

New Band - New You!

Grange Moor Band (Yorkshire 1st section) are looking to recruit a solo cornet, solo bari and a soprano. If anyone is interested take a look at our website for more details or PM myself. or email

We really are a friendly bunch and welcome players of other instruments also. We're very fortunate to have a number of first class players that are willing to move about the band to accomodate people.

17. 2ndslidedown

2ndslidedown New Member

Update on this post!

The band is delighted to announce the appointment of our new MD, Michael Howley. We are looking forward to much sucess with Michael.

We have filled the solo bari seat and now are looking for a Bbb bass and trombone player.

18. TP Euph

TP Euph Member

Friendly and very sociable(!) well attended 1st Section Band require PRINCIPLE CORNET, SOLO CORNET, SOLO BARITONE/TROMBONE (Yes we're also flexible!), EUPHONIUM and PERCUSSIONISTS to complete our team for recently appointed MD Michael Howley.

Grange Moor is situated 10 mins from Wakefield and Huddersfield...10 mins from M1 Jn38 and M62 Jn25. Rehearsal nights are Wed and Sun. Please contact Band Manager Paul Wood in confidence on 07719 843861 or e-mail
  19. TP Euph

TP Euph Member

Just an update...PRINCIPLE CORNET, SOLO CORNET, SOLO BARITONE/TROMBONE, PERCUSSIONIST and also SOPRANO due to work re-location to southern parts!
  20. sevenhelz

sevenhelz Active Member

oh ah? who's on euph now then?