Grand Shield 2011

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Mrs Fruity, May 8, 2010.

1. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Can anyone tell me the date of NEXT year's Grand Shield? I've had an enquiry for wedding photography on 14th May 2011 and although I'm hoping I won't need to keep the date free (and one in September instead!) I have an awful suspicion that will be the Spring Festival weekend.

Thanks.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Grand Shield 2011
    Spring Festival
    Grand Shield
    date of
    date free
  3. Di B

Di B Member

Would suggest you get the organisers number from your secretary.

Or.... if you can wait for a week the date may be in the programme!

4. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Thanks Di...didn't think of that. Booked the wedding anyway-I'll have to negotiate with one of my assistants cos I can't miss the Shield!!!

5. aqua76

aqua76 Member

It was in programme yesterday - 14th May 2011

6. paddo

paddo Member

be careful of booking a wedding and knowingley not going to do it, you do have a contractual obligation and as a wedding photographer myself would never not do the wedding. We have been invited to the englich nationals this year but alas I have a wedding and so cannot do the contest. After all they have booked you to photograph their wedding, not an assistant!

7. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

Thanks, Mark, I'm aware of that. I explained the situation at the time and the couple have met myself and my other first photographer at previous weddings and are happy to have either of us (when I said assistant I should have said associate-sorry). I generally turn down weddings on contest dates, but the Spring Festival is usually the first weekend in May. Thanks for the advice. :D

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  8. paddo

paddo Member

if thats the arrangment, then no worries but for the past few years spring festival has either been2nd or 3 rd weekend... i nearly missed it this year as all other weekends are booked out