GRANBY BAND - Reunion Concert

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by ploughboy, Jan 14, 2010.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Are you a past member of the Harrogate Granby High School Concert Band? Or Brass band if you go that far back . . . . .

We are arranging a reunion concert on March 27th, Saturday. There will be a 3/4 o'clock rehearsal on the day and the Concert will be 7.30pm. First half, current band. Second half, Reunion band. There will be a bar which will remain open until around 11ish afterwards so people can stay and catch up with old friends. The bar will be kindly run by the PTA with all profits also going to the cause.

The concert is to raise money in the name of Ryan Grainger, who played with the band until 2006. He has recently been battling with Cancer (and fortunately winning so far! ). He has choosen to donate the proceeds from the concert to St. James hospital Adolescent Cancer Unit, They care for seriously ill young adults aged 19-25.

If you're able to join us and play please get in touch with me. . PM,, Phone - 01423 548800 ext 232. The aim is to email out copies of the parts early March. We have some instruments in the cupboard so come on join in . . . . .

If you know anyone who plays a wind insturment and has come from the Harrogate area, chances are they'll have played with us, or know who we are - point them in our direction!

Many Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  2. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Put me down Garry.
    I'm away on holiday that week but will make sure I get back for the Saturday for such a good cause.
    You never know, I might even meet some 'olld' mates :D
  3. brassking

brassking New Member

I played for the Granby band in the 70's what a great experience i had there :)! is any of the old gang still alive and kicking :)
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm sure there's still plenty around. Of course we've already roped Neil Richmond in.

Steve - are you still in touch with any of your crowd from back then, or could you PM me some names to chase up? if you can remember them!!!!

Brassking? are you coming over to join us for the night - and who should I be chasing from your crowd . . . .
  5. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Neil Richmond is probably your best bet Garry, he has records of all past players I believe (well names at least). I was contacted by a couple via friends re-united so I'll try an look them up.