Goodbye Fulham Brass Band!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Dave Payn, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

I've said a quick thank you to near enough all the bands I've been involvled with on a separate thread but for my final rehearsal with Fulham on Thursday, they've kindly acceded to my request to blow through the Haydn Trumpet Concerto (brass band arrangement by Frank Wright).

Although I've left and come back, I came back because they're an amazing bunch of musicians and friends (and at their peak a few years back, could drink any band under the table!). They're now going from strength to strength under their MD Paul McLaughlin, with two good placings at the areas (and a finals appearance in Harrogate last month! First time ever for Fulham!) and I'd just like to say thanks for having me and more to the point, putting up with me both as wisecracking principal cornet and prior to that, conductor.

Listen fellow tMPers, they have a few vacancies on cornet, percussion and bass. If you live within striking distance of Parsons Green, go and join 'em. You won't regret it!
  2. Cheers Dave. You will be sorely missed but there will be no Haydn place for you on Thurs!! Any tmpers in the vacinity who fancy a blow (or a hit/rattle/crash etc) on Thurs are most welcome - British Legion Club, Parson's Green 7.30 - 10pm