Good Show By Riddings.............

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Shaggy, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy New Member

.........I went along to help out Riddings last night and was looked after very well. All the vital requirements were in place. 1. Plenty of help with my gear. 2. The pad sorted out for me in advance, with all the CORRECT percussion parts, NOT the second kazzo or the solo wash board part. 3. A set list/programme. 4. A warm welcome from one and all and plenty of thanks for my efforts.

The MD had a chat with me before hand just to high light a few known trouble spots which was very helpfull as well. He also gave me a number of cues during the performance!!! quite amazing for a brass band conductor!....its almost as if i was part of the band!!!!

Jolly good show all round chaps.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  2. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I helped out Rhiddings a few months ago and had a similar experience. They were most welcoming and all my stuff was sorted for me on the whole a most enjoyable day.

Top Guys and If the conductor is a good lad too. (You owe me a beer now Bob ;) )
  3. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I have to say when ever we see them at a contest they a good number come up for a chat with us.
    This year at the area their solo euph player and his wife stopped for a chat on the car park with our solo euph player and myself he had helped us out last year at a concert, a smashing geniune guy and a good true bandsman as well :clap: