Good Luck

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hollie, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Hollie

Hollie Member

Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone is taking a music exam around this time? If you are then good luck!:tup
    I've got my Grade 6 on Friday!!
  2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:) yes good luck everyone whos taking their graded exams... Good luck Hollie! Thats one thing I dont miss doing :lol:
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Funnily enough, the theory and aural exams were the ones I loved! It was the history side that I found tedious when I was student, but feel a lot happier studying that sort of thing in my own time now I've reached (nearly) 41!

Anyway, good luck to Hollie and anyone else so involved! ;-)
  4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Good luck... have to say I'm not going to miss those things, although I tended to get the nice examiners who would say things like "You didn't really mean to say that did you..."

seems my playing made them think I was a musician... and these people are qualified????
  5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I think the thing that put me off forever was the fact that I was doing my grade 8s in percussion, saxophone AND grade 8 theory all at the same time... lots of work when I only had 5 months to get ready for them :lol:

but, all the hard work paid off ;-) and yes, I enjoyed it... when I could do it without going EEEPPP anyway :p :lol:
  6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i did 2 grade 8's and a grade 1 on the same day!! the scariest thing was bein asked grade 8 scales and then being asked jus to play c major... i was like *Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat?* :lol: don't miss doin them tho! 8)
  7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yep, good luck everyone!! Got my grade 6 piano on the 15th - not overly confident - I hate the performing exams!! At least with theory exams you can rubout the mistakes!! :D