Good Luck

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Hollie, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Hollie

Hollie Member

Hi everyone!
    I was wondering if anyone is taking a music exam around this time? If you are then good luck!:tup
    I've got my Grade 6 on Friday!!

2. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:) yes good luck everyone whos taking their graded exams... Good luck Hollie! Thats one thing I dont miss doing :lol:

3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Funnily enough, the theory and aural exams were the ones I loved! It was the history side that I found tedious when I was student, but feel a lot happier studying that sort of thing in my own time now I've reached (nearly) 41!

Anyway, good luck to Hollie and anyone else so involved! ;-)

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Good luck... have to say I'm not going to miss those things, although I tended to get the nice examiners who would say things like "You didn't really mean to say that did you..."

seems my playing made them think I was a musician... and these people are qualified????

5. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I think the thing that put me off forever was the fact that I was doing my grade 8s in percussion, saxophone AND grade 8 theory all at the same time... lots of work when I only had 5 months to get ready for them :lol:

but, all the hard work paid off ;-) and yes, I enjoyed it... when I could do it without going EEEPPP anyway :p :lol:

6. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

i did 2 grade 8's and a grade 1 on the same day!! the scariest thing was bein asked grade 8 scales and then being asked jus to play c major... i was like *Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhat?* :lol: don't miss doin them tho! 8)

7. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Yep, good luck everyone!! Got my grade 6 piano on the 15th - not overly confident - I hate the performing exams!! At least with theory exams you can rubout the mistakes!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice