good luck for all at whit friday.

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by daveredhead, Jun 7, 2006.

1. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Hello , not been on line for ages, Sorry will not be with you all at Whit fri, but will be in germany , being forced to consume copious amounts of the local beverages,:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: while you all will be spreading the good name of tMP:clap: :clap: :clap: I am am also a ,little upset, I only got 1star mad as a hatter rating from Roger , when i expected a full 3star total insanity rating , will try harderto come up to standards., But hope you all ahve a great time and will be thinking of you, i suppose shower hats are now compulsory,:rolleyes: do you think they would go down well in germany, if painted Red and white???
  2. Di

Di Active Member

Thanks Dave. Have a totally brilliant time. Hmm, shower caps. Na, I think we need something to replace them this year, although don't know what'll be yet. :rolleyes:
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Indeed. Hope you all have/had a great time. I'm not up for it this year since no band wants a solo horn who can only stagger in circles rather than march but hey-ho. Enjoy.
  4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

I've been unable to make it this year too... work stuff mandated I couldn't attend I'm afraid. Am gutted though.
  5. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

wooohoooo just got in after a fantastic whit friday tmp experience shatered now.

need sleep[!!!!!!
  6. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Twas incredible. Great fun, and a superb bit of Monty Python on the road. Fantastic stuff.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2006
  7. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Hope you all had a great day with tMP, i know how much fun it is to play with the band at Whit Fri so sure you had a cracking time. Did you manage to match our 13th at Delph from last year??

The Emley had a great night, did 6 contests i think, ending in Dobcross. Our singing went down a treat! :p Definately one of those nights that make banding worthwhile. Hopefully see you at Easingwold.
  8. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Just to say well done to the tMP Band at Whit Friday. You put on a great showing, ending the night in style at delph. Great work guys sounded excellent =))
  9. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

BT did all 11 contests in the Tameside area. Does anyone know any results from either of the area's?
  10. LeDragon

LeDragon Active Member

Have found all the results now on 4br...
  11. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Well done tMP band you were ace :D And I've now met tMPers :D Was very upset that black dyke weren't there though.
  12. andyp

andyp Active Member

Was a fantastic night, even though it was so busy we only managed 5 venues!

Great fun, stag+hen nights and birthdays everywhere. One band played "Three Lions" down the street as well!

Banks Brass had a truly international line-up, two guest players from Bairnsdale Brass in Australia, they and their other halves were amazed at the whole proceedings, atmosphere and turnout. They'd been told it was an experience you should do at least once in your life and they certainly weren't disappointed.
  13. RussQ

RussQ Member

My first Whit Friday ever. Great experience and the atmos at Delph is unique. A bit disappointed not to perform at Delph, especially having registered before 10.30pm and long before certain other bands who ended up 'marching' down the cobbles! Still, taking the honours at Heyrod and Carrbrook more than compensated.
    Well done 'Siggs' for planning a good route (9 venues between 6-10.30pm!) and congratulations to the band on some tremendous performances of O.R.B.
  14. robbie

robbie Member

Just want to say a big thanks to everyone at Timperley for making me feel very welcome! Was a fantastic night and hope i see you all soon!
  15. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

OMG Russ. Your 1st whit friday???!!!!!

I'm guessing our Mr Chairman & especially Mr Treasurer are very happy men with our 2 wins.

Yep, it was annoying not being allowed to play at Delph. Those "certain other bands" shouldn't be allowed to take priority over others. It really isn't fair :mad:
  16. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

You need sleep cos you decided you'd walk in a room kick a poor, innocent, helpless child and wake em up! :mad: :biggrin:
  17. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

and nick his shirt!!!!!:biggrin:
  18. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Correct, very happy at 2 of the most profitable wins on the circuit :)

Not too happy about Delph though. I can see why they think they should do it, and the last 2 years I've been on the winning end of it, but if they'd have let us know we could have done 2 other contests instead of us standing there for an hour waiting!
  19. markyboy

markyboy Member

Pennine played at all 11 as well.
    I couldn't believe how quiet it was! The most we had to wait was about 3 bands at Carrbrook and 4 bands at Broad Oak. At about 7 contests we went straight on.

At a couple of contests they were saying 'Glad to see you , we haven't had a band for half an hour'.

Out of interest whats the most contests any band did? I think Fodens clocked up quite a few in both areas, same with Rothwell.
  20. madsaz

madsaz Member

we didn't do so well this year - only managed 9 compared to last years 14 - basically because we agreed to go to Delph, so had to get there about 9 O'clock to get in & thats a pretty big waste of time when we could be contesting elsewhere. I do feel really sorry for those of you who queued and couldn't stay.

Yes, the atmosphere is good but it really finishes the night off, and you can't afford to turn up late.

Tameside is getting quieter - I know it doesn't have the atmosphere, but if you want to do more contests it's the best place to start.