Good Luck Bestwood!!!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by sparkling_quavers, Jul 3, 2004.

1. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

I would like to say good luck to Bestwood Welfare Black Diamond Band for the Dukeries Contest tommorrow (4th July). The contest will mark the bands return to contesting after the rebuilding of the last few years. The Band hasn't taken the contest stage for a good 8 years!!! Anyway, good luck takes alot of work to build up a band of 30+ players with a great atmostsphere.......go take the stage with pride!! :D
  2. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

me and my brother, both ex bestwood players will be helping them out, c'mon bestwood!!
    :wink: (and Long Eaton)
  3. Seedhouse

Seedhouse Active Member

Good luck to both Bestwood and Long Eaton! :wink:
    Let us know what the results are please?
  4. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Go for it Brian and the Band
  5. Baldeagle

Baldeagle Member

Ooops almost forgot Shaz :oops: Give to em Shaz :lol:
  6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Good luck to Bestwood and all the tMPer's associated with the band.

7. Raspberry

Raspberry Member

Thanks to everyone for your best wishes - unfortunately I did not see this thread till tonight as haven't had the chance to go on tMP all weekend!

We had a great day, Scraping the Bottom played his solo brilliantly, we came 7th and had a lot of positive feedback.

Many thanks to Satchmo Shaz for playing for us and her brother Carl Ramplin for stepping in on the drums at very short notice. Both of your help is much appreciated. :wink:

Bestwood has made plans for future contests - so watch this space!
  8. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

7th wasnt bad then!, 1st time out for a while and there were also some "contest virgins" as well!, you can only get better as Brian says :wink:
  9. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

triple post
  10. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

Very pleased with the adjudicators comments both personally and for the band. We were all very nervous (my first time on the contest stage - bit of a baptism by fire!) and we slipped up a few times, but we managed to pull it back, which is a credit to the band. We have something to build on now and I'm sure we will.

Just like to add my thanks to Shaz and Carl and a well done to Carl. I didn't hear his solo, but if it was anything like the solos he played at newstead I'm sure it was excellent, and that on top of sight-reading the kit percussion part for us on the contest stage absolutely perfectly!

Also feel sorry for the guys and gals of Strata getting rained on halfway through!