GOOD Jokes Thread!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Jack E, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

A family of cockroaches are enjoying their dinner inside a skip behind a fast food takeaway.

"Mum", said little Jimmy Cockroach, "I went into that fancy restaurant over the road today. It was SOOOO clean, I could see my face reflected on the floor!"

"JAMES MICHAEL COCKROACH!!", snapped his mum, "NOT while we're eating our dinner! Are you trying to make us all feel SICK??"

:D

(Note for US members: a 'skip' is what you call a dumpster.)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    cockroaches
    Jimmy Cockroach
    family
    COCKROACH
    restaurant
  3. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

"People are always quoting other people on the internet - but how often can you verify the accuracy of their quotations?"

Abraham Lincoln

4. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

Dear Santa,

this year, I’m asking for the same as I asked for last year - a fat wallet and a slim body. Try to get it right, eh?
    :rolleyes:

DocFox likes this.
  5. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

A man comes out of Heathrow Airport, and gets into a taxi, and they head off along the M4.

As they get to the outskirts of London, the man remembers that he needs to get some English money from a cashpoint, as all he has is US Dollars.

He taps the driver on the shoulder, and the driver screams in terror, swerves wildly across three lanes of traffic and onto the hard shoulder, and sits there, shaking like a leaf. The driver then turns to the passenger, and apologises for frightening him, explaining:

"This is me first day on the job, guv - I've spent the last thirty years driving a hearse!"

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  6. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

upload_2016-12-16_22-11-52.png

Slider1 likes this.
  7. DocFox

DocFox Retired

Mother Superior calls all the nuns together and says to them:

“I must tell you all something. We have a case of gonorrhea in the convent.”
    “Thank God,” says an elderly nun at the back of the room, “I’m so tired of chardonnay.”

Mesmerist, Jack E and Slider1 like this.
  8. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

Murphy's Laws of Computing

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete.

The first place to look for information is in the section of the manual where you least expect to find it.

When the going gets tough, upgrade.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction.

He who laughs last probably made a back-up.

A complex system that does not work is invariably found to have evolved from a simpler system that worked just fine.

The number one cause of computer problems is computer solutions.

A computer program will always do what you tell it to do, but rarely what you want to do.

DocFox likes this.
  9. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

Computaspeke for Dummies

Hard Drive - Landrover with turbo-charged and gas-flowed 3.5 litre V8 engine, MT tyres and bull bars

Floppy Drive - Citroen 2CV with under-inflated radial tyres and knackered suspension

Flash Drive - Aston Martin, with satellite phone, leather upholstery and solid walnut dashboard

DOS - sleeping in shop doorways

MSDOS - sleeping in Marks & Spencer's doorways

Soft Boots - Uggs

Hard Boots - clogs with full heel and toe irons

PROM - initiation ritual for teenagers, which frequently leaves them in need of PTSD counselling

Byte - Big Mac

Megabyte - Double Cheeseburger Mac, with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato, Coleslaw and Large Fries

Command Language - used by officers in Army training barracks

Command Interpreter - sergeant majors in Army training barracks

Low Level Language - as found in the Daily Star

High Level Language - as found in the Times

Procedural Language - suggesting that someone should go forth and multiply

Pascal - French lady

Turbo Pascal - very hot French lady

Phishing - what phishermen do for a living

Bots - what computer users sit on

Backing Up - a process requiring care and attention

Crash - the inevitable outcome of failure to exercise due care over backing up

Cursor - a computer user in the aftermath of a crash

Monitor - control-freak schoolkid who thinks being in charge of class pencils is the road to absolute power

Clipboard - what monitors dream of owning

Mouse - quite small, but capable of sending computer operators into screaming frenzies

Mouse Mat - what every houseproud mouse has just inside its front door

Update - tacit admission by software company that Version 1.0 was less than perfect

Service Pack - further admission by software company that even Version 1.17.276 didn't work properly

Windows - just another pane in the glass!

DocFox likes this.
  10. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

upload_2017-2-19_19-44-33.png

Slider1 likes this.
  11. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

Pictorial irony . . .

upload_2017-2-19_19-46-51.png

upload_2017-2-19_19-47-24.png upload_2017-2-19_19-48-1.png

upload_2017-2-19_19-49-23.png

upload_2017-2-19_19-50-2.png

upload_2017-2-19_19-50-55.png

But are we downhearted? Nah!

upload_2017-2-19_19-55-5.png

Attached Files:

Slider1 likes this.
  12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    cockroaches
    Jimmy Cockroach
    family
    COCKROACH
    restaurant
  13. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

The world's oldest computer can apparently be traced back to the time of Adam and Eve.

It was an Apple which, quite understandably, had very limited memory - just one bite.

It was only used once - then everything crashed . . .

14. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

upload_2017-3-11_21-21-57.png

"Both my sisters are going out with really cool musicians; so what do I get? A piccolo player . . . "
    :(

15. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

Some neat one-liners:

If life hands you lemons, look on the bright side; you won't be troubled by scurvy!

I don't like making plans for each day; it only encourages counsel for the prosecution to keep using the word 'premeditated'.

You know those paranoid people who check behind shower curtains for would-be murderers? Have you ever asked them what their game-plan is if they find one?

You know that show, 'Fifty Things To Do Before You Die'? How did they miss out the obvious one - shout "HELP!!"

My people skills are fine; it's my idiot-tolerance that's lacking.

I want my children to have all the things I could never afford; then I'll move in with them.

The Red Cross called today, to ask if I could contribute to the overseas floods. I said I'd love to, but my hose only reaches the end of the garden.

Never take a pill which has more side effects than you have symptoms.

For every one person with a spark of genius, there are a thousand with dodgy ignition coils and worn out plugs.

Politicians are interested in people in the same way that fleas are interested in dogs.

Giving politicians power and taxes is like giving a bottle of scotch and your car keys to a teen-age boy.

I've bought a microwave fireplace; you can spend a whole evening in front of it in just eight minutes.

Stop people from re-offending! Next time round, don't vote for them!

'Auto-Correct' has become my worst enema.

And, finally:

If Bill Gates had a dollar for every time Windows crashed . . . oh, wait . . he does . . .

Slider1 likes this.
  16. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

17. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

The intrepid test pilot about to trial the catapult gear on HMS 'Pedalo', the Royal Navy's new aircraft carrier. She was quoted as saying:

"S.T.O.L. fixed wing F.35s? Who needs 'em?"

upload_2017-4-12_1-39-59.png

What is the sound of scientific progress?

upload_2017-4-12_1-41-10.png

Boink!!

And as for parents . . .

upload_2017-4-12_1-42-51.png

Sheer, unadulterated genius!! Enjoy!

Slider1 likes this.
  18. Jack E

Jack E Active Member

Joking apart, when I was about 7, my mum was fixing herself a gin and orange one Christmas, and just about to light up a ciggy. I asked her if they tasted nice, so she said "Try them." This, mark you, was before she'd put the orange into the gin . . . :rolleyes:

So I took a sip of neat gin, and took a very small drag at the cigarette . . . :eek: BLERRRGGHH!! - twice!

So, did I "learn a little lesson" that day? Yep - I learnt that my suspicions were fully justified; grownups were barking! And I've never touched either gin or cigarettes ever since. I think psychologists call it 'aversion therapy'! ;)

Jack