good hotels in harrogate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by satchmo shaz, Mar 13, 2006.

1. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

hi guys can anyone recommend any hotels in harrogate for the finals with rehearsal facilities, 2 nights B&B and evening meal

cheers Shaz :clap::biggrin:
  2. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Apparently, some company has bought most of the hotels out for that weekend and upped the prices for buying them off them.
    But we stopped in the moathouse two years ago which is joined onto the confrence centre, was a decent hotel.
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

If you are charged a fortune for hotels with rehearsal facilities then remember there are some bands local (esp. Harrogate band) that offer use of their facilities. We used them last year and stayed in a Holiday Inn which worked fine.
  4. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Yup, all the hotels in Harrogate itself will have been 'reserved' ever since the dates of the nationals are announced. It may be worth looking outside of Harrogate. If you want, I can pass on the name & details of an excellent hotel that Hoover stayed at a couple of years ago.
  5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

oh yes please ta ;)
  6. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

We stopped at the Hilton (now Holiday Inn I think) Leeds Garforth. Its a little way out of Harrogate (its in Leeds!!!) but it pretty good, rooms are OK and it has plenty of rooms available for rehearsals. Shaz, If your interested drop me a PM and I'll get the details for you.

Which band is this for??? :D

BTW well done at the weekend, sorry I didn't get chance to chat to you for longer.
  7. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Can't recommend any hotels in Harrogate as they're all too expensive. Go to Leeds instead. We stayed at Jurys Inn at Brewery Wharf last year. There were three bands staying and they coped admirably.
  8. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

We were one of them, and I agree! The hotel isn't too expensive either.....And if you have a room on the 10th floor like I did, then it's the best view of Leeds you will ever have!

And only 5 mins walk from Band Supplies shop......
  9. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

We stayed in the 'Old Swan' last year. Beautiful hotel and 1st class meals, just two minutes from the conference centre. There was another band from Scotland who also stayed in the hotel, and judging by some of the photos, the bands got on brilliantly. Of course, I was tucked up in bed by this time.:biggrin: And yes, we did book through Hotelink, but still quite reasonable price for Harrogate, 2 nights. B&B plus evening meal on the Saturday, cost £100 per person. But it was a top notch hotel!
  10. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

The hotel we used when the nationals were held in Dundee was booked through Hotelink & yes, the prices & quality of accommodation were excellent. The only downside is that with having to book so far in advance & people dropping out at the last minute, we were unable to change room types. This meant we had a couple of double rooms with just 1 person in them & therefore costing the band money it didn't have.