Good 10 piece music - Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Diz-e-dee, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Diz-e-dee

Diz-e-dee New Member

We are having a massive clearout of the cupboards and the band were wondering if anybody out there could recommend a few pieces to play at Summer Fetes, Summer concerts and the like. How many times have you splashed out on a promising looking piece of music only to find out the arrangement is naff. Then what you do is put in in the filing cupboard to languish for the next 50 years or so or until you next have a clearout which ever is sooner.

We need suggestions for music that can be played with a small band or large ensemble please.

Thanks for your help!

2. tat

tat Member

We have just purchased a few pieces arranged by Alan Fernie. Very good arrangements, don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

3. hicks

hicks Member

I'm playing some 10 piece stuff in a concert soon. The pieces (not all of which we will play) are:-

J.S. Bach Three Chorales, arr: Peter Reeve (Just Brass series)
    A Londoner in New York (Part 1) composer: Jim Parker (Just Brass series)
    Another Cat: Kraken, composer: Chris Hazell
    Three Brass Cats, composer: Chris Hazell

I'd highly recommend any of this music, it's great fun to play.

4. Diz-e-dee

Diz-e-dee New Member

Thanks Hicks, I'll get the gang to look into them.

5. Diz-e-dee

Diz-e-dee New Member

Cheers Tat, we have a number of Alan Fernie pieces and they are all great perhaps we need to dig a few out.

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Hallamshire Music have a good selection of 10 piece arrangements of lots of their stuff here. However if you're band buys some keep it securely locked up - 10 piece music has a habit of disappearing on a regular basis - grrh.

7. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Stephen Roberts has some good arrangements

http://www.tanglewindmusic.com/

there are many good arrangements here and versatile 5 piece 10 piece and larger groups too

8. Diz-e-dee

Diz-e-dee New Member

Thanks Lads (Lasses!?) for the replies. We are still working on it.

Any more suggestions?