Golden Brown

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by nickjones, Mar 10, 2004.

1. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Does anyone know if an arrangement has been made of " Golden Brown" by the Stranglers ? Or any other music from the early 1980's?
    I do remember BTMX ( 10 Piece group ) playing a Steve Sykes arrangement of song by the jam at the now Aberystwyth 10 Piece contest around 1994-95?
    thanks pop pickers...nice

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    group
    Aberystwyth 10 Piece
    song
    Steve Sykes
  3. asteria

asteria Member

I hope not! :shock:

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

strangely enough i was just thinking careless whisper would make a great trombone solo... don't know about any arrangements of 80s stuff though, although if it's more songs about drugs your after, there's an arrangement of perfect day!

5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

80's music

well apart from no arranging talent myself...or playing for that matter..
    I think some 80's music would work..
    any thoughts on....
    definite ones are
    golden brown
    miss sarejavo ( U2 )
    TA :D

6. Tromgod

Tromgod Member

Re: 80's music

That was 90's I think you'll find.

:wink:

7. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Ho Ho I was not refering to the drug element of golden brown....I am just glad the people who run contests dont run drug tests for performance enhancing substances....I could be banned from the Olympics... :shock:

8. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Nooooo! Used to play Careless Whisper all the time in School Wind Band. It was terrible.

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Well, after Acid Brass, anything's possible! (maybe even that Cheeky Girls' Christmas song that JM was on about! ;-))

10. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

mmmm well dont get picky about the dates of music...I am old and my memory is like a metal thing with holes...
    miss Sarejavo is a great song and think it would work...

the CHEEKY GIRLS or Carless whisper isn't really what I had in mind..just some classic 80's or 90's tunes .... with all this looking back at the miners strike ( 1984 ) I remember someone asked Point Of Ayr Colliery Band to record something with Billy Bragg

11. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Try Bernaerts music - that sounds up thier street!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    anyone
    group
    Aberystwyth 10 Piece
    song
    Steve Sykes
  13. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

sorry I did not realise I was this was the band brie forum...just serious good arrangements of some 80's classics... :shock:

14. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

arrangement of Golden Brown / Miss Sarajevo

Any budding arrangers out there fancy working on Golden Brown ??

15. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Re: arrangement of Golden Brown / Miss Sarajevo

Well, it'd need copyright clearance! ;-) Anyway, I did take the trouble to look at our work (PRS/MCPS) database to see if anyone has already made an arrangement and it doesn't seem to have been done yet.

It's dually owned by EMI Music Publishing Ltd and Complete Music Ltd so permission needs to be granted from both for any budding arrangers.

Cheers

16. Steve

Steve Active Member

I did a gig with the stranglers last year (name dropping, i know) and they were great. We were the support act but unfortunately they had the keyboard player from the waterboys who was completely legless and the new singer is an arse. words of warning for anyone going to see them!!! keyboards were absolutely excellent, despite constantly having a fag in each hand but the singer ended up in a fight with a bloke in the audience.

17. stopher

stopher Member

I take it you were bored in work today then Nick???

See you in the bar on sunday!

Chris

18. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Golden Brown- Reasons to go to Swansea

Cheers Chris

I am working.....yes thanks mate will have a plate of curry from the magical " ALL YOU CAN EAT FOR A FIVER " Curry house accross from the Brangwyn hall...
    adios Amigo