Golden Ball.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nook1938, Jul 12, 2007.

1. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

As anyone seen this programe that is classed as a Game Show?
    It must be one of the cheapest to put on the air, by the time the contestants have lied and distorted the truth, they end up having no money because they have taken too many Killer Balls through and their luck runs out or they both Steal and end up with nothing.

I am actually owning up to having watched it, because I am fascinated how far a sweet and innocent looking person will go to get into the next round.
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I have enjoyed it as well...I think I like when people get caught in the middle of lies and try to get out of it.

I do feel like there is one too many killer balls introduced to let anybody make any reasonable amount of money.
  3. nook1938

I am at a loss, that someone as lied all the way through the programme and one person at the end of the game picks a ball to share with them.
  4. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I tried to watch it and couldn't understand the thing!! I take it it's the one with Jasper?? :-?
  5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I watched this when I was at the gym last night, quite entertaining but when they start getting caught out with the lies it all goes mammaries aloft really!!
  6. robcav

robcav Member

I have to confess that having watched this most recent 'gameshow' offering, I am amazed at its tacky cheapness and yawnworthiness which is superceded only by that other excruciating exhibition of pure luck parading as skill, Deal or No Deal. I'm probably going to sound like a member of the Mary Whitehouse memorial fan club (I'm not, honest) but it seems to me that the only skill in this ridiculously named guess fest is the ability to lie, cheat and ultimately steal. What kind of ethical message are we sending out about our society when, although granted we can share, we can double our profit by lying and ripping off the person with whom we were working collaboratively two minutes before. Perhaps its just a reflection of our society after all. Golden it certainly is not. But I'd agree with the latter part of its title. Bring back 321.
  7. nook1938

Having watched two women vote off a man and the man showing his annoyance at one of the women, I thought we could have more of that to liven it up a tad.

These people claim some very public jobs so what their workmates/friends/business partners think when they arrive home. but I think it is a front for a Training School for Con Artists, the last two standing receive a diploma, winner a gold and runner up a silver one and if they both steal it is a gold one, I am away on one of my fancyful trips again.
  8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

I would see who id got to the final with first.
    If they had told a few lies to get into the final then i would steal but even if i got to the final i would steal as i find it hard to trust many people 100% if i ended up with nothing then i would be no worse off than i went on the show to begin with.
    Whats known as dog eat dog:biggrin:
  9. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

God! Its like Golden Ball mania on tMP lately!

What is this phenomena that creates such interest?
  10. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Steal - always. If I'm going away with nowt, they aren't going away with any either!
  11. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

we are all short of cash and we would (given the chance) steal the dosh:biggrin: