gold medal winner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by uncle eric, Dec 3, 2003.

1. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

hello friends,

during colombo the other day, the good detective said something quite interesting. only i was using my time to think through and try to sort out in my head, who would win the gold medal if biscuits was an olympic event, but no biscuits in a wrapper were allowed under any circumstances. or chocolate fingers.
    of course everyone thinks digestive, but if you have a tickly cough they can often hinder getting better. and those garibaldi's are a bit too rich for my pallette.
    i think that the semi-final line-up would be:

bourbon v jammy dodger (jammy dodger wins)
    party rings v fox's sports biscuits (winner: party rings)

thus making the final:
    jammy dodgers v party rings

in a tense final, i remembered how much i used to like jammy dodgers, with the red shining through that happy face. likewise, i fondly recalled putting the party ring on my finger, and eating all the way round first. however, what decided it was that i find the jam a bit tough in the jammy dodgers now i haven't got me own teeth, so the winner is.......

Party rings
    our ada says she thinks i'm going a bit doolally

i would appreciate any comments, or other alternative semi-final line-ups (although i thought of it so mine's the official result) after all, i may have forgotton some biscuits

hope this helps

Uncle eric

2. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

silly me! i know what you're all thinking!!!!

fox's sports biscuits won the 3rd/4th place play-off,

because of the excitement of hoping you got soccer or rugger, not boring old running or skiing.

sorry

Uncle eric

3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Toffeepops win hands down!! Closely followed by chocolate hob nobs. mmmmmmmmmmm
    Biscuits!

4. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I'm down with the party rings! They rule!!! :D

5. Steve

Steve Active Member

Are cookies included in this category or are they in the wrapper/heavyweight league. I would have to have party rings as the winners in the jammy dodger Vs Party rings final cos you can eat more of them without feeling ill or having to chew too much :D

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Malted milk for me - even better, malted milk creams (and not just because I like to watch the cows in the field :wink: ) :!:

7. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

friends

a good point has been raised over the legiticamy of cookies within the contest. i myself allowed your run of the mill tea time cookies (maryland being a good example) but discounted the more exclusive types (like them ones that only have about 8 in them-i saw some in tesco) that you would use when the vicar visited. or our mavis for that matter who married a doctor.
    i would say that those sort need a category of their own, perhaps along with biscuits in a wrapper.

yours in sport

Uncle eric

p.s. chocolate hobnobs were eliminated early because they fall to bits when dunked. whoever heard of an un-dunkable biscuit? toffeepops. too fancy.

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! On well I'm going with chocolate bourbons. If there's nothing wrong with them like!

9. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

I'm all for agreeing with Laura, Bourbons rule......must be a Scottish thing :wink:

10. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yep. Either that or custard creams. I can't believe toffeepops and chocolate hob nobs areny allowed though. They rule the biscuit barrel!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    party rings v fox
    sports biscuits
    bourbon v jammy dodger
    jammy dodger wins
  12. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Has to be the Rich Tea's. They win the Dunkability award (closely followed by Rich Teat Fingers).

13. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Milk chocolate malted milk ummmmmm!
    But what about comedy pink wafer biscuits?

14. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

golly!

i'm sorry for the misunderstanding laura. they weren't not allowed i.e. they matched the qualifying criteria, it's just that they were eliminated by a superior quality biscuit. if i go back over it in my mind, i believe that the custard cream (an unlucky quarter final loser) knocked out the chocolate hob nob, and the fig roll easily beat the aforementioned 'too fancy' toffeepop.
    however, that's not to say that when i think about the world championship in a couple of years time, the result will be the same. do keep the faith!

now all this thinking is making my tummy rumble.

ada, where did you put them ginger nuts?

Uncle eric

15. shedophone

shedophone Member

Party rings????
    No no no..... Pink wafer biscuits, but even better-
    caramel chocolate digestives (dipped in coffee!)

16. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

FIG BISCUITS!!!!!! - Sublime!

17. asteria

asteria Member

Uncle Eric, I'm shocked, I was convinced you'd be more of a garibaldi man yourself! Much kinder on your dentures than ginger nuts!

I hate to raise controversy but wish to seek your biscuit expertise on the matter of the Jaffa Cake, surely it can't be a legitimate biscuit?! :shock:

18. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

personally I don't think the Jaffa Cake counts as a biscuit, definitely a cake! Too soft to be a biscuit!

19. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

What about pontifract cakes, then :?: - they're not soft, so can they count as biscuits :?: :wink: :lol:

20. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Ooooooooh I like them as well. Or digestives with lurpak butter on.....mmmmmmmmm heavenly.

21. uncle eric

uncle eric Member

friends

some interesting points and queries have appeared in the last few days. in answer to the jaffa cake question, i refer to 'biscuit fanciers and competition' (1984, oxford university press) which states '..they (jaffa cakes), although having a traditional soft biscuit base, are still essentially a cake or derivative, so should be disallowed from all wcba (world competition biscuit association) events, except for sections on biscuit derivatives, or cakes with soft biscuit bases.'

ha ha it's that old question, like whether a leek is a fruit or a vegetable. or is that a tomato..

just a small point in reference to the comment about putting lurpak butter on digestives, this actually contravenes rule 361/9 stating 'in competition, no condiment or other substance may be added prior to dunking' -i'm sure this is just a slight oversight big twigge

sorry to be so officious friends! i'm sincerely hope that this clears things up. now, where did i put that packet of rich teas, ada?

uncle eric

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    party rings v fox
    sports biscuits
    bourbon v jammy dodger
    jammy dodger wins