Going to Peru

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by John Brooks, Jul 14, 2006.

1. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

I'm leaving on Monday to work again at a Children's Home in Lima, Peru. Some of you may recall that I went there last year for a week. This time I'm going for 2 weeks and will be helping with the construction of 4 additional buildings to expand the Day Care Centre at a place called Manchay, just outside Lima. It's an amazing experience and I'm really looking forward to the opportunity. I'll try posting a few pictures when I get back.
  2. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Good luck with the trip John. We look forward to seeing the pictures and reading the latest update on this fantastic project.

3. John Brooks

John Brooks Well-Known Member

Just managed to get a few minutes on a computer and thought I'd touch base and maybe create the first post from Peru. I'm here in Lima for another week, it's just past six and getting dark already. Outside I can hear the sounds of the kids at the orphanage at play; it's great to be making a difference in their young lives. Back home in Canada next Tuesday.

All the best
  4. Pondasher

Pondasher Member

5. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

I wonder if you have come across some of the brass bands that play in the Conima Festival over there, or whether they still have them there? Turino talked about them in his research on music in the Conima festival, in his book "Moving away from Silence". Just a thought?
  6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Go John... we wish you the very best on the trip.