Going to Liverpool University

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Richard_Brigg, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Richard_Brigg

Richard_Brigg Member

I will be going to Liverpool Uni in September (18th) and will be looking for a new band. I currently play front row, and more recently principal with a good standard 1st section Yorkshire band. Been a student (permanantly scint) travel will be a problem, therefore i will be looking for a relativelty local band. I have been in touch with a couple of bands locally, but i thought it would be worthwhile checking out what bands were in the area!

You can contact me via PM or through the thread.
    Richard Brigg
  2. hey mate, good luck with findin a new band and with your uni course, does this mean woods will be looking for a new member of staff?, if this is the case please let me know as i may apply for it, if i think of any liverpool bands i'll let u know.

take care, cyaround

3. helen_euph

helen_euph Member

Hi Richard,

I play for Haydock Band (Champ Secn) who are based in St.Helens and we need a front row cornet player. A few people already travel to us from Liverpool so I can't see transport being a problem.

There is a contact the band type thing on our website (www.haydockband.com) or send me a pm.

4. stotty74

stotty74 Member

Hi Richard
    Northop are based in North Wales (about 40 Minutes from Liverpool) and we have 2 or 3 cars coming down from Liverpool for rehearsals (including a few at Liverpool Uni). We're in 1st Section, and are always looking to strengthen the cornet ranks.
    If you want to come down for a blow, let me know and we'll sort a lift out for you.