god bless whit friday!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by trombelle, May 13, 2004.

1. trombelle

trombelle Member

looks like whit friday is going to be one of my only nights out over the exam period :( but hey, no complaints...bands and booze! :guiness

so is anyone else using whit friday as a well earned break/chance to numb their brain of exams and impending doom etc etc???
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Although I have an exam on the monday :cry:
  3. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I am!
    My first exam (that isn't general studies) is on June 8th so will be a nice break in revision for me :p
  4. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i wish!! our lot dont do whit friday :(
  5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

Whit Friday shall be welcome relief from the paltry 3 and a half months we uni students get off. :D

Really wish lifewasn't so hard! :lol: :wink:
  6. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i cant wait!!

solo horn, EASY contest piece AND my mum n dad n sis go away the day after?

and alchol!!

kel x
  7. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

I finish my degree on the 28th may so am using W.Friday as a good finish to it all!!! hhehehehehhe :lol: :lol:
  8. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

i finish on the 1st, so a few days warm up...

official tmp party at kel's on the saturday then?
  9. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

I have no exams, but will use whit friday to numb my brain from the ongoing horror that is my gap year... :D
  10. ScrapingtheBottom

ScrapingtheBottom Active Member

My doom will already have impended before whit friday - but I'm just going to get pissed and see if I can do an insurance job on my trombone.
  11. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

more trouble than it's worth... trust me, after waking up after the areas to find mangled trombone it took ages to get the insurance company to pay up! (the sods :evil: )
  12. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

Will use Whit Friday to forget that I will be back at work on the Monday afterwards. Never done it before so am really looking forward to it. Will only be my 2nd march on EFlat as opposed to Euph, so will probably be dead by the end.
  13. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

There's about 15 of us coming up from Chichester to watch the fun and we're also going to be taking part in the beer walk on the Saturday
  14. drummergurl

drummergurl Active Member

ill be at whit friday making a change from not doing anything that week coz its my half term week, soooooooooooo as long as mum doesnt mind too much ill be gettin a liiiiiittle bit tipsy
  15. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

I will be attending my first Whit Friday with a scratch band from Wales, called Celtic Brass (i think)! Should be a great laugh, a good session and a few kebabs on the way!

Its half term for us teachers so lets hope for plenty of sunshine and plenty of lager!! :guiness
  16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

So long as you're using a strap you'll probably find it easier than carrying a euph without one :wink:
  17. Having done the 'Tover Tops' (thank you Ray) marches for the past few years, there has not been one time I can say I have actually enjoyed it, :cry: so I personally would rather be home studying (if I had any studying to do) so let's hope my lot can make it a good one for me this year!

Just two marches pse Mr (Ploughboy) MD
  18. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I was thinking if we learn 6/7 marches we could play a different one at each venue, keep the interest in the band!!!! :wink:
  19. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

I think your band would love to do at least 12 marches in 24 villages
  20. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

did anyone notice if the hog was there at dobcross last year, I didn't get chance to look!