Go Lewis!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by StellaJohnson, Oct 23, 2008.

1. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I really get sad this time of year:(, F1 season is drawing to a close but I really hope Lewis Hamilton wins the F1 title, go Lewis!!:D
  2. goldencornet

goldencornet New Member

I second that, Lewis To Win The Chasmpionship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
  3. goldencornet

goldencornet New Member

I just hope that next season will be as exciting as this one has been. Can't wait for it to start!!

4. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

I'll second that...I hope he doesn't throw it away like last year..."CONTROL (LEWIS,) YOU MUST LEARN CONTROL!"...Yoda, Empire Strikes Back
  5. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

He is a great driver but I'm a Ferrari fan so I'm hoping for a Ferrari win - and then Lewis Hamilton to sign for next year. :)

He has the potential to be the next Schumacher, no doubt about it.
  6. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Go Go Go Go Go Go Lewis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:
  7. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

If Massa won, Lewis had to finish no lower than 5th. Interesting that he was passed and in 6th position on the last lap, when miracle of miracles, after Massa passed the chequered flag in 1st position, the guy in 4th place (who couldn't win anything) sudden slowed dramatically and was passed by the 5th car and Hamilton, so H is now World Champion. Lucky that, wasn't it.
  8. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

If you say so :biggrin:

I don't care :D

"we wuz robbed" spreads from bands to F1 :cool:
  9. hicks

hicks Member

I'd really like to know what happened to Glock on the last lap. Why the sudden slow down? Hamilton was very lucky to win it. You've got to feel a little bit sorry for Massa.
  10. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I bet Massa would, as well!!! But, with all the money involved, I can't bring myself to feel sorry for him.
  11. grahammck

grahammck Member

What a last lap battle though! We must have more races like that.
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Maybe Glock had engine trouble. Maybe, though I doubt it and I really hope not, Glock took a dive. Maybe, Glock objected to the rampant abuse of a racist nature suffered by Hamilton and Hamilton's family, and thought he'd show 'em what for. Who knows? All I know is it was the most exciting race I've ever watched.
  13. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Glock stayed out on drys when the rest of the field changed to wets. It was debatable whether he could hold onto his place or not.

Anyway, avowed ferrari fan that I am, I watched that documentary on lewis the other night and he truly deserves all the success he has coming. Well done and lets now get the best driver into the best car for a few seasons and see what he can really do. Schumis record could be under threat, even he concedes that.
  14. hicks

hicks Member

It's odd though, because that part of the track is just a straight drag race up the hill towards the finish, no corners to negotiate, and Vettel didn't seem to be having much of a problem.
    Anyway it's a win, and in a way poetic justice for the underserved extra point that Massa was awarded in a previous race.
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Regardless of speculation, it was a great race to watch because of the uncertainty of the weather. Edge of your seat stuff! (... and I've never been a big fan of F1)
  16. Llamedos

Llamedos Member

Well done Lewis-what an achievement!!
  17. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Absolutley chuffed to bits!!
  18. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

There's cutting it fine, and then there's picking up that vital point on the penultimate corner of the last race of the season....... phew.

Regarding Glock slowing down, if Hamilton hadn't been unjustly given a 25 second penalty a few races ago this would have been irrelevant.
  19. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Glock didn't "suddenly slow down" - his lap time for the last lap was largely the same as his team-mate who was also on slicks. Think about it this way - if Toyota (Glock's team) were really racing for Lewis to win the title, why didn't they just bring him in when everyone else changed tyres about 5 laps from the end, and hence keep him well out of Lewis' way? What happened was on the last lap the track just became too waterlogged for the dry runners to cope with - as we have seen many times before - a sudden drop off in the grip level.

That said - well done to Lewis - I really thought he'd blown it when Vettel squeezed past - and Kubica was not my favourite driver for unlapping himself and triggering that particular chain of events! But he is a worthy World Champion, especially as this season he was fighting the FIA as well as Ferrari at times.

He definitely has the talent to be a multiple World Champion, but I think he's right in distancing himself from the claims that he'll beat Schumachers 7. Not because he isn't as good as old spoon-face - time will tell on that score and if anything he's the more complete driver earlier in his career than even Schumy was. But Schumacher only ever had to fight one driver for each of his 7 - Hill, Villeneuve, Hakkenen, Alonso. It looks like we're about to enter an ultra-competitve age for F1. Next year (cars allowing) we could have Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonnen, Alonso and Kubica all fighting for the title, then we have after those people like Vettel, Glock, perhaps Sutil and maybe Bruno Senna in the years to come. Seven titles in the face of that sort of competition looks highly unlikely to me.

Oh and I have to say :clap: to Massa. It was lovely to see a beaten sportsman not resorting to dummy-spitting histrionics because things didn't go his way this time.

All of the above augers well for the future of the sport - all it needs now is a governing body that didn't behave like a Central American tin-pot dictatorship ;)
  20. hicks

hicks Member

Good point, but just consider how good Vettel is, driving with dry tires on a wet track. Now imagine him in a Ferrari racing against Hamilton. What a prospect that would be!