Go and listen to another brass bands concert

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Arne Hansen, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Arne Hansen

Arne Hansen New Member

Get some inspiration, perhaps meet some old friends. It is almost guaranteed that you will have a great time.

Here is a link that will show you all the brass band concerts near you for the coming month:
    https://showconcerts.com?keywords=brass%20band&period=month

Dont tell anyone, but you can actually also find wind band concerts there :)

Best regards Arne

Jack E likes this.
  2. 2nd tenor

2nd tenor Well-Known Member

Unless it’s some fancy name band most banders that I’ve come across don’t bother going to listen to anyone else, IMHO that over selection and lack of interest is daft. Of course you wouldn’t want to part with money for listening to another band - well I wouldn’t - but in the Summer I do go listen to other bands playing in some Park and sometimes even put a quid or two in the collection bucket. :)

Listen to others when you can; learn from what they do, learn from what happens and be entertained by the Music.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
    Euphonium Lite, 4th Cornet and Jack E like this.
  3. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting the link, Arne - and best regards,

Jack

4. Euphonium Lite

Euphonium Lite Active Member

Exactly 2T - there may be a piece you'd never heard of but then want to get your hands on. Or you may want to develop your own playing to sound like x. Or keep practicing so that you don't end up sounding like y.......

Jack E and 2nd tenor like this.
  5. Jack E

Jack E Well-Known Member

. . . like the articulation of Bert Sullivan . . .

. . . like a band I heard playing Sousa's 'Stars and Stripes Forever', and instead of a bright and breezy "pom, pom, pom", it sounded as heavy and plodding as an elephant in hobnail boots . . . :rolleyes: