Gnome Magic!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Leyfy, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

On the way to a rehearsal the other week just north of Essex, I saw a brown (places to visit) sign for a place called 'Gnome Magic' which raised a smile back down the A12, as well as wondering what on earth they have there (apart from Gnomes, of course!)!!

Just curious really: Anyone else seen any random places on the way to bands/concerts etc that they'd like to share!?!?

Or, anyone BEEN to Gnome Magic and can tell me what makes it magical ;)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Gnome Magic
    Essex
    Gnomes
    way
    bands
  3. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

My brother (who is nearly 26) is obsessed with Digger Land, in the North East. We've never been but we always see the sign for it when we're on the A1 on the way back up home.

4. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

Daaaaaaaaaffffffffffffyyyyyyyyyyyyydddddddddddddddddddddddd!
    Maybe not Gnome Magic....but certainly a magical gnome from North Wales!

5. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Well Kim, in a couple of weeks time before the concert you could always pop in for a visit! Have you noticed that just about anywhere and everywhere has one of those brown signs these days.

6. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

think you should visit it first, and give me the lowdown on if I should go or not!!! ;)

7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

My favourite one no longer exisits. As you came into Llangollen on the A5 there used to be a brown museum sign with just a Dalek on it...
    BMB
    xx

8. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

Wow! We have a place called The Gnome reserve near Kilkampton which is on the border of North Devon/North Cornwall... and near Tiverton their is a place called Diggerland.

My favourite road sign is any that are for Budleigh Salterton (near Exmouth) I always have to say aloud Budlaaay.... like someone from Dudley would say Dudley :p

Lots of people find the name of the tourist attraction 'The Big Sheep' right here in bideford highly amusing aswell.... we also have the Milkyway just down the road!

Aaaah Devon is full of simple folk :p

9. Lewis Chris

Lewis Chris Member

As I live near the afore mentioned Gnome Magic, may I shed some light on this. (At this point I may point out I have never been!!!) It's basically some gnome obsessed old couple who have a large garden full of gnomes. Information on this odd place was given when I first went to uni in Colchester. They really tried to sell it to the students as a good place to take your parents when they visited, lol.

10. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

So it really is "Gno magic" Suggest as you live closest that you do a reccy for Kim! :biggrin:

11. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

Always wondered what happened to the Ipswich Town player Eric Gates, now we all know.

Near to us is a Brown sign for a 'Fun Barn'

Now despite living in Norfolk, agriculture has never seemed fun to me and surely letting children have fun with agricultural machinery is just wrong!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Gnome Magic
    Essex
    Gnomes
    way
    bands
  13. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

depends what TYPE of fun you are going to have in said barn!!! :biggrin:

14. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I say!!! I did say it was not good to let children in barns, I am sure adults could have fun :wink:

15. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

I've been to the Milkyway!!! On holiday when I was 13, and it was ace :)

Obviously I was easily amused then!

Also, I found a link for Gnome Magic and you can build your own Gnome! How exciting!!

www.gnomemagic.co.uk

(obviously, the school holidays have gone on far too long, and searching the internet is a lot more fun than marking coursework ;) )

16. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

lol, when I tried the link at work the websense filter prevented me opening the page saying The Websense category "Abused Drugs" is filtered!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  17. Lizzy :)

Lizzy :) New Member

It not only is full of gnomes - there is a donkey too, not that i've been or anything.................................... ;-) !
    x

18. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

And a donkey too, its a retirement home for Russell Osman as well as Eric Gates. Brilliant! :wink:

19. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Still as forgiving as ever eh mate?

20. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

As always! I just love those blue and white gnomes!

21. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

Both diggerland and Gnome magic are featured in a book called Bo**ocks to Alton Towers featuring days out to places only the British would visit. well worth aread so you know exactly what tourist destinations to avoid

22. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

know what I want for my next birthday, then ;)