GMT Time?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by nook1938, Apr 18, 2007.

1. nook1938

nook1938 Supporting Member

When I have looked in on the Site as a Guest, I have noticed the time at the bottom of the page [ GMT time is now }, usually slow, like a few min's ago showing 15.09, but when I logg on the correct time shows, is there a answer? I have posted and noticed the time showing up to a hour slow. Just curious?

John

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

My time option, as set via my Used CP, is currently set for "GMT+1 hr), to match current UK time. The time shown for guests is adjusted according to the settings on the tMP server. Di picked up on this a couple of days ago, and it may still be set at GMT at the moment.

3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Disappointed Badger. I read that as GnT time.:(
    BMB
    xx

4. mashed

mashed New Member

Greenwich mean time time? Is that like personal identification number number?

5. nook1938

Greenwich mean time time, I think it is because of all the clocks outside the building showing all different times

6. Di

Di Active Member

I've just viewed this as a guest and it is showing as GMT+1 and the time matched that on my computer clock, ie, 19:52. As Peter said, I did pick up last week that it was still showing as GMT but the nice MusicMan put it right for us. ;)

7. nook1938

I did notice quite a while ago, put it down to my age. Cheers for the explanation.

8. nook1938

I think the clock is stuck.

9. Di

Di Active Member

How so? I've just checked again, and all is correct still?

10. nook1938

Di, since you have asked a question I will take "time" to answer you.

When I started to post the two above yours, the time was showing 7.29pm and it was still 7.29pm when I logged out, I always go to the end of the page because I can logg out straight away and that is why I notice the clock.

End of story!

John

Ps The clock is showing 06.49

Last edited: Apr 19, 2007
  11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    bottom
    time shows
    Site
    page