GMR Brass and Sounds of Brass are now Online!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Naomi McFadyen, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

I had an email from John Maines asking me if I'd pass on this information to everyone on tMP!

GMR Brass, Manchester, is now online! To listen, go to www.bbc.co.uk/manchester and click on Live Player! The transmission times are: 6am on Sundays with a repeat at 6pm on the same day although the repeat is subject to change if any sporting activities are taking place.
    At present you have to listen live as no archiving is in place at the moment.

Phillip Hunt also emailed in with this press release:-
    SOUNDS OF BRASS is now available on the Internet so that listeners can tune in anywhere throughout the British Isles and around the World to enjoy a weekly 55 Minutes of melodious Brass Band Music.

The Programme is only available in real time at the moment, there is no facility to listen after the Broadcast time of 19-05 GMT every Sunday evening.

To listen click on to, www.bbc.co.uk/cornwall and click on to “Listen Live” and choose Radio Cornwall or your own local station if it is listed and broadcasts Sounds of Brass.

The Presenter and Producer of Sounds of Brass, Phillip Hunt, has been broadcasting the programme since 1985 and has recently been appointed a Bard of The Cornish Gorsedd for his services to the Brass Band Movement.

Over the last few years he has received many E Mail requests from around the World enquiring whether the Programme was available on the Internet and is delighted that this has now come about so that the wonderful sound of the Brass Band will be heard all over the globe.

He is looking forward to and welcomes requests and comments from a host of new world wide listeners.

;) cheers me dears! :biggrin:

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for passing that on, Naomi. Now let's hope they can get it archived as well so that it's available at other times as well.

3. Brian Bowen

Brian Bowen Active Member

Could these two band broadcasts be the reason "Listen to the Band" has been absent from the archived internet for the past two weeks? I wrote to the BBC asking why LTTB wasn't available and have received no reply.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There was a reference to this in BB this week. Apparently it is still accessible if you go via the Listen to the Band programme page on the web-site.

5. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Great news to have Phil and his happy crew from the West Country on line at last :D