Gloucester Day Parade...Sat 3rd Sept

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by fingers phil, Aug 10, 2011.

1. fingers phil

fingers phil New Member

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Phil and Iam an Eb Bassist with the Frampton-on-severn Silver Band, but have played with the Delph band & The Band of the West Mercia Constabulary before.
    When I'm not banding, (well in the summer) I help in organising a Gloucester day Parade. which we have 2 parades (am/pm) @ 1/2 mile ( but it does stop/n start). We have the Gloucester Civic Mayor, Sheriff & dignitories in full regalia + the Gloucester Veterans + other city churches, organisations,etc

However, we have been let down by a band, so just wondering if any band is available or wants some marching practice ( thats mean't as a joke). on Saturday 3rd September

Only really needed for the afternoon, but if you can do both, then maybe we can negotiateNow if not a full band, half band/ jazz band, would be OK. It is a paying job of say £150-200 or neg. offer. We can free parking available & also offer refreshments, plus everything in the cathedral city of Gloucester, not forgeting Gloucester Keys outlet centre.
    If you think that you may be able to offer some assistance, I would be very happy to hear from you.

Thankyou
    Philip Thorpe
    Glos Day Asst co-ordinator
    Tel. 01452 504613
    pthorpe15@aol.com

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Parade.
    Silver Band
    Hello Everyone
    Phil
    Frampton-on-severn