Glossop?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ScreamingSop, Mar 2, 2005.

1. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

Just wondering to be honest, What has happened to Glossop this year?
    Heard they were relegated into the first section (midlands) from this year but they arent on any of the lists of competing bands etc.....
    they are a decent band, so it would be a shame if they arent competing anymore

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Glossop
    year
    arent
    lists of competing bands
    decent band
  3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

yea i was wondering that this morning when i was going through the things on 4BR.....

4. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Jon Davies is conducting them, and they have "Brassed off" that clashes with their area as far as I know.

5. Yeah you're right, thats why they're not doing the area, but as far as I know they're playing at the shield.

6. strongbow

strongbow Member

Played for Glossop on Sunday night and yes Glossop are appearing in Altrincham all this week performing in "Brassed Off". They are due to be competing at the Tameside Contest in April and are gearing up to play at The Grand Shield.

However, they are short of a couple of cornet players if anyone out there is interested in joining see their webpages www.glossopband.org

7. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

does this mean that becuase they havent entered the area they will go down another section? or will they stay in the first section???

8. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

If they went down a section I'd be horrified!! :| I doubt that'll happen....... will it?

9. ScreamingSop

ScreamingSop Member

well im pretty sure that after last years area they were demoted down to first section, and im pretty sure that if you opt out of an area then you get dropped a section,
    i am probably talking outta my a**e

10. euphemism

euphemism Member

they won't automatically go down - its based on 3 year average points - but they will get a 'last place plus 1' points for not going this year - plus average for the 2 previous years....so they will need a decent result in the following year to stay up....best of luck to them

don't know the band - but Glossop is a place dear to my heart