Gloria in excelsis Deo by Handel

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by oddmvea, Apr 11, 2007.

1. oddmvea

oddmvea New Member

I'm getting married this summer and we want to have
    Gloria in excelsis deo played in the church. I'm looking for the
    arrangement played by Maurice Andre on his album Trumpet and Organ.
    Can anyone tell me where to get hold of the sheet music ?

I would be VERY gratefull.

Odd Magne Vea
  2. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

3. oddmvea

oddmvea New Member

Thanks a lot. I hope it's the right version. I just ordered so I guess I'll have to wait to see. 1 month delivery time...
  4. oddmvea

oddmvea New Member

This is not to doubt you, but are you or anyone else familiar with the arrangement? I can't seem to find a verification anywhere that the arrangement by Thilde is the one used on the record. Thou he is mentioned as an arranger of many pieces on Andre's albums.

The crotchet has Defay as the arranger, and I also find some arrangements by Kratzer for Piccolo and Organ.

I'm just getting a little nervous about the delivery date if it's the wrong version. Then I only have a couple of weeks afterward finding the right one...
  5. GJG

GJG Well-Known Member

I would also be a little nervous. In the thread title you specify "Gloria in Excelsis Deo" by Handel; I don't see any mention of Handel on the musicroom page referenced, nor does the enlarged copy of the front cover of the publication mention Handel ...
  6. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

I've got an arrangement of Gloria in excelsis Deo from the Collection Maurice Andre. Not arranged by God...err I mean Maurice, but by Jean Thilde. I played it at Christmas, it's very similar (if not actually) a Christmas carol (Which one....I don't know) No mention of Handel though?!

If it's the one you're after I'll happily lend it to you, even play it (for the right amount of beer (or ££)!)
  7. oddmvea

oddmvea New Member

Hi everyone and thanks for the help so far.
    I've now found out that it's the wrong arrangement listed here.
    The one I'm looking for comes in three verses. First a simple verse with basic organ accomp. then a variation with a bit more organ and more difficult trumpet, and then the final variations with powerfull melodics in organ and a quite stunning finish on trumpet (piccolo).

Here is a link to the piece on ITunes
    I hope someone can help me.

Odd Magne Vea
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  8. pdmerrow

pdmerrow New Member

Gloria In Excelsis Deo

I am looking for the exact arrangement. If anyone knows where to purchase, please let me know. I will continue to look for you as well.
  9. Simon Gray

Simon Gray New Member

Did anyone find this arrangement as im looking for it for a wedding in the new year .. Many thanks

10. oddmvea

oddmvea New Member

Send me your email adress and I'll mail it to you.
  11. Simon Gray

Simon Gray New Member

ive sent you a PM, let me know if you dont get it .. Many thanks Simon
  12. Toot4fun

Toot4fun New Member

Did anyone ever get an answer to this? Is this music available somewhere?
  13. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

14. Toot4fun

Toot4fun New Member

I went to the link that you provided and can't seem to find what I'm looking for. The only Gloria in Excelsis Deo piece there is "for Soprano, 2 Violins, Basso Continuo" and if you search for "trumpet" three results are returned, none of which are the Gloria for trumpet and organ. Am I missing something?
  15. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

... why not arrange it for trumpet & organ?
  16. Toot4fun

Toot4fun New Member

I thought that if someone had already done the work, I could purchase the fruits of their labor and not have to reinvent the wheel as they say.
  17. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

The Jean Thilde arrangement is available here if you want to pay.