Glastonbury 2013

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by JimboFB, Jul 1, 2013.

1. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Don't know why i didn't think of this beforehand but, did anyone else from TMP venture to the farmers fields of Somerset for the Glastonbury festival?

I went this year for the first time and to say it was an immense experience was putting it mildly. Without doubt one of the weirdest/maddest/bonkers/brilliant weekends i've ever had!

I'm not sure there is a way of explaining it in words as it would go on forever! However, a few of my highlights...
    The Rolling Stones - say no more...
    The Hives - led by lead singer Pelle Almqvist, this guy is a legend of a front man - my new hero!
    The diversity of the weekend - ALL sorts of music, not just rock and roll, everything from folk to heavy metal via pop and even some brass groups! Not to mention the HUGE variety of everything else going on - circus/comedy etc etc... the list is literally endless!
    Toilets were not too bad, lack of shower for 4 days not the end of the world, no phone charger for 4 days (heaven to shut off from the real world for a bit).

An absolutely brilliant weekend and something anyone interested in music in general should try and get a ticket for!

2. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Didn't go, never been (sadly) however from the coverage i've seen on the BBC this year - Chic looking like an absolutely amazing show!

3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I don't fancy camping with the soap dodgers

4. JimboFB

JimboFB Active Member

Its not so bad Stella. Bottom line, everyone stinks so its all cool really!

Plus - nothing smells as bad as the toilets on the last day!!!

5. KenIrvin

KenIrvin Member

Been twice in the 1998 and 2002 went with our teenager kids and their friends. Great experience.
    There are hot showers but you have to know where and when - usually early as when its gone its gone (hot water that is).
    Great for all ages although the crowds may put off anyone with young kids.
    Its more than the music its a "performing arts" festival

...and yes the toilets are an experience

6. mjwarman

mjwarman Member

I went!! Had an amazing time, home now and just about to have my 3rd shower!! There are some 'nicer' toilets you can use, just stay clear of the long drops and portaloos!!! I went in 2010 as well and watched the Yeovil Town band light up the pyramid stage!! Saw some amazing reggae trumpeting and some good jazz as well as some of the bigger bands, was an experience which I will definitely be doing again. Now back to reality with rehearsal tonight with very sunburned lips!!!