Glastonbury 2005

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by timbloke, Mar 29, 2005.

1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Tickets go on sale at 9am on Sunday (3rd April) from www.aloud.com.

Dates are 24, 25 and 26 June, cost is £125 +£4 boking +£4 postage, max two tickets per debit card/order.

Anyone planning on going? And does the cost seem like good value or not?

line up rumoured to include (plus more on some of the minor stages):
    The White Stripes ; The Killers ; Bloc Party ; The Subways ; Coldplay ; New Order ; Ian Brown ; Jools Holland and the Rhythm & Blues Orchestra ; Kylie ; Lauren Hill ; Brian Wilson ; Embrace ; Keane ; Beck ; Bob Geldof ; Elvis Costello and The Imposters ; Hayseed Dixie ; Kaiser Chiefs ; Faithless ; Garbage ; Interpol ; Terry Callier ; Al Green ; Femi Kuti ; Moya ; Oojami ; Tiny Tin Lady ; Chas 'n' Dave ; Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel ; The Beautiful South ; Idlewild ; Louise Rhodes ; Rory McLeod ; Suzanne Vega ; The Deadbeats ; The Tears ; The Undertones ; The Subways ; BlackBud ; Boa ; Mad Staring Eyes ; Hybrid ; Bodger & Badger ; Youngblood Brass Band ; Athlete ; Bellowhead ; The Lovegods ; Tom McRae ; Engineers ; Gear ; Kasabian ; KT Tunstall ; Modest Mouse ; Mylo ; Outkast ; Razorlight ; Roots Manuva ; The Others ; Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra ; Tori Amos ; Van Morrison

2. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I wanna go sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!! But my music exam is on the 27th :mad: :ranting2: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    The lineup is fantastic! Whoever goes, have a fantastic time! :metal:

3. tubadaz

tubadaz Member

Great Line up! :D Wish I could go, but unfortunately it's the same weekend as Easingwold Contest! :mad:

Darryl

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Chas and Dave will certainly be there, they are playing on the acoustic stage, Gertcha!!

5. Owen S

Owen S Member

Given that it's normally them that do it, this is almost certainly some London-based journalist mishearing "Yeovil".

I haven't been for a few years, and it would be nice to go back, but I canvassed my friends a month ago, and none of them wanted to go this year. Ah well, I'll probably need a quiet weekend then to recover from the endless round of weddings I seem to have to go to this summer.

6. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Yep definitely going to try and go this year......

7. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

already got my ticket for reading so can't afford another festival. Much better line up for me at reading really, so it doesn't bother me too much.

8. postie

postie Member

The Glastonbury line up looks fantastic as usual it's just the camping that has always put me off!!!!!!!!!!!

9. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

GO LEEDS INSTEAD!!!!!!

10. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

or it's far superior big brother reading (if you can find a ticket...)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    www.aloud.com
    Glastonbury 2005
    The Subways
    Rhythm & Blues Orchestra
    Elvis Costello
  12. timbloke

timbloke Member

That's ones actually been confirmed on the Youngblood website. No doubt Yovil will be there on the sunday am as well.

13. Owen S

Owen S Member

You're right, and I'd never heard of them. Sorry for my ignorance. :oops:

They do sound pretty cool though - a brass hiphop-influenced jazz band. Sort of.

They seem to have a big European tour later this year. Maybe I'll go and see them.

14. brassneck

brassneck Active Member