Glastonbury 2004

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by timbloke, Jan 25, 2004.

?

Will you be going to any festivals this year?

1. Glastonbury

94.7%
  2. Reading/Leeds (Carling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. V festival (wherever they are)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. T in the park

2.6%
  5. Another festival

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Been there, seen that, got the t-shirt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. None for me this year/Not really interested

2.6%
  1. timbloke

timbloke Member

Heard on the news the other day that tickets go on sale on April the first...

I'll be getting mine then, if last years selling out in a day is anything to go by.

Anyone else going to be going? Or planning to go to any other festivals.

Can't beat the brass band at 10am on the sunday morning though!! - perhaps we should have a brass band festival, with camping and stuff...

2. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

purely out of tradition I'll be going to reading!

3. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

I've always wanted to go but I won't be this year, maybe next year when i'm at uni and have too much free time.

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

......but no money!!

5. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

I'm gonna go to T in the Park this year (Muse who I saw recently and The Darkness among the headline acts) but, before that, there's the Chili Peppers to look forward to at Murrayfield in June! :)

Saw White Stripes in Glasgow on Saturday and they were superb - great recovery from Jack White after his mic was smacked into his face by a flying shoe! Looks like another good year for gigs...

6. Leeds probably

7. HBB

HBB Active Member

I went to Reading last year and got hit by a crowdsurfer and had a headache for the rest of the day .... not a good experience. The Darkness were great there, even though they were at about 3pm!!

8. Steve

Steve Active Member

I'm gonna leave it till theere are a few more bands confirmed, i aint going if the headliners are gonna drop out and be replaced by some awful pop s**te! Will prob do Reading/V/Download again though :lol:

9. Steve

Steve Active Member

What are the chances of a tMP gig at one of them? that would do a bit for the old brass band profile!!!

10. who's confirmed for playing at what festivals this year?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Glastonbury 2004
    first
    anything
    Anyone
    brass band
  12. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

hmmm... tMP warming up for System of a Down at Reading... I can see it now! :D

13. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Need to get someone working on a brass arrangement of Chop Suey pretty quick ;)

14. Steve

Steve Active Member

They wont be doing it, not after last year!! Oh the carnage at Leeds!! Heres hoping I'm wrong though :lol:

15. timbloke

timbloke Member

Mock ye not, the Yeovil Town band was first on the Pyramid stage on Sunday last year, following on from Radiohead the night before and followed later in the day by the likes of Jools, Manics, Feeder and Moby... to name a few.

16. Steve

Steve Active Member

See lynchie, not all my drink induced ideas are poo!!!!!!! 8)

17. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Hehe i remember! good times!!! When they actually got to play something they were fantastic! as were most of the bands that i saw over that weekend. Nearly missed The Darkness though! :shock: coz their times changed and i didn't realise! Good job i was at the arena waiting for Placebo! And after i bought my ticket, the White Stripes (one of the main reasons i was going) pulled out! So i think i might wait a bit until i get my ticket.
    Will probs be goin to leeds again but always fancied goin to glastonbury- friends all wimped out on me last year :(

18. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

White Stripes are touring at the moment. I saw them last Saturday in Glasgow and they were superb! Hope you get a chance to see them live.

19. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

I hope so too! They are fantastic!! I tried to get tickets but all their gigs are too far away from me :cry: coz they weren't going to Sheffield or if they were the tickets sold out mega fast!
    I will definately see them live!!! No matter what! :twisted: hehe
    Coz just like you bruce, everyone i've spoken to says they are amazin!

20. bruceg

bruceg Active Member

Their set was brilliant. Jack White took just a couple of short breaks to say something to the crowd (about 4000/5000 I reckon) and the rest of the time they went from song to song in truly relentless fashion. Jack's guitar playing was well impressive as was his voice. Meg really can't and shouldn't sing but she gives that drum kit a pretty severe seeing to :)

And they took all the beer(?) throwing in their stride, not to mention the shoe that smacked Jack's mic into his mouth during their encore. Totally class act.

Good luck in your quest for a ticket Dawny!

A wee bit off topic I know folks but my last White Stripes comment :)

21. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Thanks Bruce!
    Nice to know there's another brass bander who's a big fan of the White Stripes!!
    Was a bit off topic but the White Stripes rock!!!! :D :lol: :D

I'll let this post go back on topic now!!

:wink:

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Glastonbury 2004
    first
    anything
    Anyone
    brass band