Glasgow

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by IckleSop, Dec 16, 2004.

1. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Im going to glasgow at the end of Feb next year for my birthday!!!

Can anyone recommend accomodation??? or places to go while im there, im going for 3 days

2. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Accomodation, don't know, but for a reasonably priced and tasty meal, try the Russian cafe, Cossachok, 10 King Street. Wide selection of vodkas available too (as befits a Russian cafe!). Never left there disappointed!

3. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

I can tell you one place not to stay.. don't wan't to get into trouble for posting their name here!

there are plenty of Holiday Inn type hotels right in the centre of Glasgow!

4. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

Glasgow is the best place for nights out :) loads of places to stay like travel lodges, holiday inns etc...all right in city centre. Suggest you go to the garage when you're there! For good food and pubs go to the Merchant City, pancho villas recommended if you like mexican, the Italian Kitchen if you like Italian!

5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

UNLESS you have hard to walk in shoes on or are totally mortalled- the stairs on the way in/ out hurt when you fall down them all!

6. wewizrobbed

wewizrobbed Member

aww shame. There's no other choice though since the shack burnt down! Plus it is across from the canton lauradoll, surely a good enough reason to go!?:shock:

7. Syrup

Syrup Member

Although not cheap, the Malmaison hotel is a fantastic place to stay, its right in the centre near to the top of Sauchiehall Street.

8. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Yeah and you get wicked toiletries in your room there as well! If you can manage stairs then Lucy's right, the Garage is the place to go. I just can't do stairs. Sober or otherwise!!

9. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

sauchiehall street is where the ladies of the night go apparently?! quality inn is defo the place to go! :d

10. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Your geography is somewhat out Sellers_bird. It used to be Blythswood Square at the top end of Sauchiehall Street but mainly such delights can be found in the Anderston Area around Cadogan Street. Not that I would know much about that of course.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    places
    anyone
    Glasgow
    Im
    birthday
  12. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

avoid being bocced by staying away from the bon :p

p.s. hahah football commentator just saying someone had been boccedinstead of booked! :D:D

13. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Well it depends what sort of budget you have. If your like me (poor) then check out Hampton Court Hotel. I went for the Europeans in April and stayed for 3 nights. The accomodation is basic but you get a reasonable brekkie in the morning.

Hampton Court Hotel
    230 Renfrew Street
    Glasgow
    G3 6TX

tel: 0141 332 6623

The hotel is near to the Glasgow Art School, about 5 minute walk from the city centre and Scottish Academy of Music & Drama. Not far to walk back after a good night out - and the best bit is it only cost me £20 per night bed and breakfast. (ask to speak to Mohinder Singh if you decide to give them a ring)

Hope that helps

Cornetkate