Glasgow: tutorials in composition, trumpet/cornet and theory

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by TrumpetTom, Feb 4, 2015.

1. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member

Hello, I am a Glasgow based musician, currently offering tutorials in composition, trumpet/cornet and music theory. I’m also able to offer help with work towards SQA qualifications.

I currently study composition at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and hold grade 8 in cornet and piano. Prior to this, I studied composition, trumpet and piano at the Chetham’s School of Music. This lead me to victory in the 2013 BBC Proms Inspire Young Composers’ Competition, the composers equivalent to BBC Young Musician of the Year. Resultants of this included a commission for the BBC Symphony Orchestra and two broadcasts on national radio. I have gained a varied range of experiences of working with people of all ages and levels, such as being taught how to teach young trumpet beginners. Later this month, I’ll be working alongside other composers and the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra at one of the BBC’s Inspire School Labs.

Contact me on here or at to chat about your (child’s) musical goals and ambitions and to negotiate a price if you so wish. I offer a free half an hour taster lesson.
    Thomas Brown
  2. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

Nice offer. Wish i was able to take you up on it. Hope it all goes well.
  3. katieeuph

katieeuph Member

I don't live in Scotland so I have no-one to pass on your details to, but just wanted say congratulations on your achievements. Have you got any recordings? I'd love to have a listen to your work :)
  4. TrumpetTom

TrumpetTom Member

Hi Katie, there aren't actually any recent recordings online, although here's a link to my YouTube channel where you will find music pre summer 2013:

The piece I wrote for members of the BBCSO will be broadcast on BBC Radio 3 on the hear and now show (10pm Saturday night) at some point over the next few weeks, although I haven't been given a date yet.